"gun" apps.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Slaysme, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Slaysme

Slaysme Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Explain why there are so many.

2. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Why does Wallmart sells guns (in many places) in the US?

3. Slaysme

Apr 17, 2010
    Ohio
    For murder, of course. Gotta get your murder weapon with that dog food and censored cd.

4. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    I've never seen the appeal either, but i figure it's for people who own guns, or wish they did

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Demand and Supply? :confused:

6. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    you're kiddin, you cannot get a gun at walmart, or? This is sick

7. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    There is a version of Walmart out south, where you can purchase guns and food!

8. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    How long until we get some "gun enthusiasts" in here yelling about liberal communist Nazis?

9. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ipod Touch game player person like thing????
    11th dimension
    so we can protect ourselves without carry all those big guns..we can just pretend to shoot our attackers

10. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Because people will buy them?

11. Slaysme

Apr 17, 2010
    Ohio
    So, lots of people who own I devices buy these fake gun apps? How many of you use/ have purchased one of these? Or is it just a Quasi standard novelty app? How about a series of these mixed with augmented reality, location, etc? Like you gotta whip out you sniper app at a certain time of day, find a a target that meets X parameters, ( size mass etc) if using iPhone camera display would "paint" your target and you would use accelerometer/gyro to aim. Non camera devices would use a different mechanic to accomplish same goals. Any human player in designated range could be challenged to a Fps type death match. Unless you have the other weapon, however, all u have is the weapon ur playing with. So the guy with the pistol, he has shorter range in the "over world" but in battle, can fire off many more rounds.
    Now this, I would buy.

12. Lucion

Lucion Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Probably purchased by kids or teenagers. Not sure why people that own a gun would want an app with a picture and tinny sound. Then again, the beer and fart apps sell so it's probably just a novelty thing, having a virtual representation of something they can't really own.

That said, the one where you take a gun apart and see all the pieces looks neat if you are into that kind of thing.

13. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Why are there so many? The fact that they're so damn easy to program. About 95% of them are just soundboards, with the image of a gun on the screen. The other 5% let you change the image displayed and the sound made by the app.

14. Slaysme

Apr 17, 2010
    Ohio
    . I spend so much time reading about apps and games and the like, but all this does is entice me to part with my money.( not gun sims though) I'm fairly new to this scene, so I'm just now noticing just how much crud I dig through looking for something good. I see apps ranging from utter poo, to insanely smooth and fun masterworks. With so much to choose from, do many users feel obligated to dip into each category and genera? What else ( other that aforementioned beer, fart, and flashlight apps) has entirely too many clones ? I know there's loads of doodles, infinite jump, zombies, and tower defense choices..and guns. Will apple allow a nuclear weapon sim? Is the next wave simulated genocidal weapons?

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I bought iGun because of this, and only this:

16. Slaysme

Apr 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Ok. I laughed. That guy can have my dollar.

17. Machida

Machida Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Gaming
    Mars
    That is genious

18. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I have one of the gun apps on my ipod, although it's just one of the free ones, but I find it fun to play around with it, especially with friends, you can have some awesome gun fights with them.

19. KDR_11k

KDR_11k Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Easy to make, profitable if a small number of people fall for it. Basically the idea behind shovelware.