The Perfect RPG game for iOS

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Antony18, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Antony18

Antony18 New Member

Jun 28, 2016
    iOS developer
    Sydney, Australia
    Hello guys!

My name is Antony, I'm iOS developer from Sydney, Australia currently working on a new 2D Castlevania-like RPG game for iOS.

I've just started working on it and I want gamers community to help me make the best possible role playing game for mobile device.

What is needed - your honest opinion on HOW this game would look like and work to become the best RPG on the AppStore.

Thanks for your opinion #

2. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    If you are aiming for something like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, then I wish you the best of luck! There is nothing quite like that on iOS. In fact, there's hardly anything as good as that anywhere - although that's partly because it was released at the tail-end of a mainly-2D gaming era. You have my full support!

So, you want a Metroidvania-style exploration with new abilities opening up already-visited parts of the map, RPG-style character progression, secret abilities, new weapons...

The horror setting of Castlevania has been done, as has virtually everything else, so the look and feel is up to you. Yet sci-fi and fantasy have become so generic, but it's hard to find an original setting that stands out on its own merits. Go raid some folklore, maybe: Norse, Russian, British-Irish (faerie?), Egyptian...

3. IdiocracyGames

IdiocracyGames Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2016
    South Korea
    I think that is a great advice. As of late I really enjoyed Unepic on the Wii U. Its a sidescroller RPG worth taking notes. Keep us posted on the progress. I would definitely like to play that sort of game on mobile.