★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Chillingo

02-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Chillingo

chillingo is really strange ... up about a month ago, they were relatively minor in terms of impact, and had maybe like orions and dungeon n hero as their main a-list games,

now in a short matter of weeks, they have released in quick succession ... some of the best games on iphone

vector tanks
idracula
zen bound

and sneezies and krypton egg aint half bad either ... they are giving ngmoco a run for the money now as best dedicated iphone publisher
02-25-2009, 08:03 PM
okay... are we supposed to respond to this?

Send a message via AIM to Sparks
I was thinking the exact same thing
they aren't making the games themselves
just contracting with developers, giving the developers leverage for advertising, and promotion, and submission and other goods and services

they have done a nice job so far...
and at least in these forums, are branding their name pretty well

maybe some day when you think Chillingo, you might think quality iphone apps
02-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
just contracting with developers, giving the developers leverage for advertising, and promotion, and submission and other goods and services

isnt this what ngmoco is doing? rolando was originally self publishing, until ngmoco picked the title up and offered the above plus additional resources for the music tracks?
there needs to be a place or something(like a bulletin) on this website for people to make statements like this. i've had times where i wanted to announce something, but didnt make a thread cause it didnt address a specific question or need of reply.

and i agree with you, chillingo has definitely up-ed(???) there performance in the past weeks.
Quote:
we already do. I'd like to know more about the devs, though. chillingo's pretty good at finding them
02-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Quote:

yeah mek, they are both publishers. ngmoco didnt make Rolando.
02-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio View Post
there needs to be a place or something(like a bulletin) on this website for people to make statements like this. i've had times where i wanted to announce something, but didnt make a thread cause it didnt address a specific question or need of reply.

and i agree with you, chillingo has definitely up-ed(???) there performance in the past weeks.
yes, upped is a correct word. It is spelled as i have used it.
02-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Send a message via AIM to STP_Steve Send a message via Yahoo to STP_Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianlow32 View Post
chillingo is really strange ... up about a month ago, they were relatively minor in terms of impact, and had maybe like orions and dungeon n hero as their main a-list games,

now in a short matter of weeks, they have released in quick succession ... some of the best games on iphone

vector tanks
idracula
zen bound

and sneezies and krypton egg aint half bad either ... they are giving ngmoco a run for the money now as best dedicated iphone publisher
They're well-funded from their other publishing businesses (they've been making Pocket PC and other smartphone games for a long time), and now they're turning around and plowing a bunch of that cash into promising iPhone developers. It's a smart strategy.

Steve Palley, www.slidetoplay.com