Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-09-2014, 05:57 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.R. View Post
I didn't see one on Youtube so I decided to make a hardcore run video. Recorded with Airserver. My first youtube video.

YouTube: video
Came to this forum cause I was debating on buying this but I'm not sure I really understand what's hardcore about that mode in the game? I didn't see any enemies it just looked like a speed run. Does this game auto run? From what I've seen this game seems pretty overrated. 24 lvls for 5$ there is much better value elsewhere in the AppStore. Guess I'll pass on this one. Oh well
Old 12-09-2014, 06:19 AM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

I don't think it's overrated (then something like monument valley is also overrated...) nor is it an autorunner.And it has a lot of enemies (and some puzzles).And it has soul unlike SO many other iOS games.Well spent money for me.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:36 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durduhdur View Post
Came to this forum cause I was debating on buying this but I'm not sure I really understand what's hardcore about that mode in the game? I didn't see any enemies it just looked like a speed run. Does this game auto run? From what I've seen this game seems pretty overrated. 24 lvls for 5$ there is much better value elsewhere in the AppStore. Guess I'll pass on this one. Oh well
Well its your opinion but the masses disagree. Its JUST $5, theres a lot of content in it, the levels are quite long. Well worth supporting, one of Apples games of the year which i totally agree with. Again its just $5
Old 12-09-2014, 09:28 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Well its your opinion but the masses disagree. Its JUST $5, theres a lot of content in it, the levels are quite long. Well worth supporting, one of Apples games of the year which i totally agree with. Again its just $5
Totally agree with psj. You really missing out by not playing this game. I hesitated originally because of the "24 levels" thing, but it's well worth it and the levels are pretty long. One of the better platformers on iOS to date.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:42 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

l also tend to take my time with a game like this, the graphics look amazing, some well thought of levels. Just love the look and style of this one. If anything i dont want to rush this as i dont want to reach the end so quick !

So glad Apples giving it the love it deserves, hopefully we'll get a sequel at some point.

I think yet again some people seem to expect 1234124 levels if a games $5 ! Yes it has 24 levels but the levels are quite long

Last edited by psj3809; 12-09-2014 at 10:47 AM..
Old 12-09-2014, 10:45 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Not only are the 24 levels pretty long, but they're also pretty difficult to master. Because this game gives you pretty frequent checkpoints within a level, it is possible to just bumble your way through the levels without really learning them, since if you retry enough times you'll eventually make it to the next checkpoint. I could see that if someone just played through all the levels that way they'd finish the game pretty quickly. However if you make yourself learn each level well enough to complete it without getting killed, then it becomes quite a long game.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durduhdur View Post
You're correct that it's a speedrun in a sense, yes. Hardcore mode requires you to complete all levels in one playthrough, so if you die you start over.

Imagine making it to level 20 and overshooting a jump by just an inch and falling into a pit... sounds pretty hardcore to me

Thanks for the love everyone, we're honored to be named Game of the Year - Runner Up in the App Store Best of 2014. To celebrate we're bringing the game down to $2.99 through Sunday night.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:07 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Agree with both PSJ and NEON.
A truly excellent game that absolutely deserved the awards from Apple. And those awards were not easily won considering the amazing competition that was out there this year. Threes and Monument Valley were also worthy and truly excellent additions to the App Store this year just as this one is.

I'd even call it it an essential experience on mobile that is visually up there with the very best but also just a very enjoyable and challenging game at the same time.
It's just an excellent "experience" to play it which is about as good a thing I can say about any game.

It represents huge value for money at its price and even more so now on sale. Just not even a factor due to the great experience.
Return on investment wise, it's a no brainer, just get it.

Last edited by Rip73; 12-09-2014 at 12:14 PM..