★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-25-2016, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
I don't know. One would have to test which story bits appear on the Transsiberian where for each entry and exit station combinations - and then re-do all that with the accelerated version of the train.

Two things stood out for me during my explorations, though:

1) Boarding in Ekaterinburg still provides the option to visit the library car to find Goland as that story bit always appeared between Ekaterinburg and Omsk. (If you travel at least to Karimskaya.)
2) Boarding in Omsk & encountering the red-headed mistress (spy, presumably) on the Kamer Taj beforehand results in you not being able to "get a glimpse of her" and her defected Ottoman engineer on the Transsiberian near the end of your journey. (Once again with Karimskaya being your destination.) It's not even 100% they are the same, but they are described as such.
(May possibly have replied to your post on the wiki)

This is just a thought I had: Isn't there a Pacific route (I want to say either the Yokohama-SF or Manila-Acapulco) where Passepartout can spot a person being killed? Has anyone every figured out the story behind that?
02-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Holy crap, just discovered a new route that I don't think anyone knows about. It's not on the FAQ, Wiki, or steam map.

In Zurich, you can skip nights. However, you'll still be locked out of using the Alberg Express, since you end up sleeping under the railway bridge and discover that the tracks have gone missing. But if you sleep there for three (or four?) nights, you skip the Tunis appointment and instead get to take a Bozek car directly to Venice.

02-16-2016, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigmaster999 View Post
(May possibly have replied to your post on the wiki)

This is just a thought I had: Isn't there a Pacific route (I want to say either the Yokohama-SF or Manila-Acapulco) where Passepartout can spot a person being killed? Has anyone every figured out the story behind that?
It's on the Yokohama-San Francisco route when Passepartout hears two sailors arguing up on the rigging and then sees one of them fall down. But that sailor actually dies instantly, it's not that he survives and gets amputated or something like that. So I don't think that is it.

I still think it's the Aegean Ferry guy I wrote about here earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigmaster999 View Post
Holy crap, just discovered a new route that I don't think anyone knows about. It's not on the FAQ, Wiki, or steam map.

In Zurich, you can skip nights. However, you'll still be locked out of using the Alberg Express, since you end up sleeping under the railway bridge and discover that the tracks have gone missing. But if you sleep there for three (or four?) nights, you skip the Tunis appointment and instead get to take a Bozek car directly to Venice.
Haha, nice find. But looking at VadeX-vaderence's map on Steam, it seems like he's already accounted for that route. Hard to find, nevertheless.
02-17-2016, 01:26 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigmaster999 View Post
Holy crap, just discovered a new route that I don't think anyone knows about. It's not on the FAQ, Wiki, or steam map.

In Zurich, you can skip nights. However, you'll still be locked out of using the Alberg Express, since you end up sleeping under the railway bridge and discover that the tracks have gone missing. But if you sleep there for three (or four?) nights, you skip the Tunis appointment and instead get to take a Bozek car directly to Venice.
Yep, that route is already marked on the map. An alternate way of leaving Zurich without activating the storyline from there.

Talking about secret routes, there is a route that I may as well share now. It is considered out of bounds by the devs, as it should be absolutely impossible for players to reach at the first place. Regardless, I found a way to take this route anyway (without cheating) and noticed that this route is just a placeholder, and all the dialog boxes en-route are empty. I told the devs, kept my mouth shut, and hoped they will fix it in a later patch, but they didn't. I doubt they are going to release a patch about it after all this time, so I may as well share it as a legitimate route from now on.

Simply put, you can get on the eastbound Arlberg express from Zurich to Vienna and Warsaw. The routes are fully functional, and there is no observable bugs triggered when, and after taking the trips. The only incomplete part of these trips are just the textboxes.

If you have run out of things to do in 80 days, try to find a way to get on the train! I will share the way to do so if nobody gets it after a while.
02-17-2016, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VadeX View Post
Yep, that route is already marked on the map. An alternate way of leaving Zurich without activating the storyline from there.

Talking about secret routes, there is a route that I may as well share now. It is considered out of bounds by the devs, as it should be absolutely impossible for players to reach at the first place. Regardless, I found a way to take this route anyway (without cheating) and noticed that this route is just a placeholder, and all the dialog boxes en-route are empty. I told the devs, kept my mouth shut, and hoped they will fix it in a later patch, but they didn't. I doubt they are going to release a patch about it after all this time, so I may as well share it as a legitimate route from now on.

Simply put, you can get on the eastbound Arlberg express from Zurich to Vienna and Warsaw. The routes are fully functional, and there is no observable bugs triggered when, and after taking the trips. The only incomplete part of these trips are just the textboxes.

If you have run out of things to do in 80 days, try to find a way to get on the train! I will share the way to do so if nobody gets it after a while.
Haha, sounds like fun.

However, I recently had to wipe my phone clean and now all the routes unlocked by successive playthoughs (Orient Express to Istanbul, Yokohama-Honolulu route, Transcontinental Express to New York, etc.) are locked again - including the Paris-Zurich one. I would have to play the game through at least six times to get all of them unlocked again.

As a matter of fact, I don't even know after which playthrough Zurich becomes playable...
02-19-2016, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
Haha, sounds like fun.

However, I recently had to wipe my phone clean and now all the routes unlocked by successive playthoughs (Orient Express to Istanbul, Yokohama-Honolulu route, Transcontinental Express to New York, etc.) are locked again - including the Paris-Zurich one. I would have to play the game through at least six times to get all of them unlocked again.

As a matter of fact, I don't even know after which playthrough Zurich becomes playable...
I have no idea what order these unlock, but the unlock able things that I know of are: the southern and eastern bits of the Orient Express, Zurich, Cambridge, The Noelani (Yokohama-Honolulu) (also, I think Yokohama-SF is about 4000 pounds cheaper on the first run, simply because it's the 'planned' route), several of the other adventures (North Pole? The moon, obviously, and murder mystery, are both locked at the start. I'm not sure about some of the others), and all Black-Rose affiliated routes.

Also, I think you can start the Black Rose without getting the event on the Amphitrite Express. I have yet to try it, but the Blue Line from Nice-Tunis will always lead to Estelle following you to Beirut/Luxor with the correct decisions on the Blue Line. Perhaps you will still get notes, though?
04-07-2016, 02:16 PM
Whisky for the Niagara adventure

Fyi, there's whisky in Dubrovnik on seed VIII (for having a flask aboard the Kahwoka Othunwe to trigger the Niagara adventure).

Other cities with whisky include Bucharest (II), Istanbul (IV), Madras (IV & VII) and Athens (V).
04-20-2016, 05:12 PM
Curious sight on the Transcontinental Express

When you have Field Glasses with you and choose to look out the window some time after leaving San Francisco on the Transcontinental Express, you get a different text bit compared to having no Filed Glasses - and it's quite mysterious.

It goes like this:

I scoured the view closely through binoculars and caught a glimpse of a line of buildings, set into side of a mountain-face. I saw a statue, carved into the stone, and a column of dark green smoke: but what it could mean, I do not know.

Whereas the regular text is this:

I gazed out of the window at the endless, lifeless expanse on either side, wondering if humanity would ever occupy this great, open space. It seemed unlikely.

Did anybody encountered this situation and does anybody know what is that statue, carved into the stone, and a column of dark green smoke Passepartout sees?