World's Biggest Wordsearch - brand new, world record, get involved!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AppyNation, Feb 26, 2013.

1. AppyNation

AppyNation Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    London
    Hi all!

We're happy to announce that our next game (the one we've been teasing for a little while with pictures of trophies and stuff) is:

World's Biggest Wordsearch by Supersonic Software!

[​IMG]

The Game:

It's over 5,500 words to find, and in total WELL over 40 hours of gameplay, at least in its alpha form. We're applying for the Guinness World Record, and are positive we'll get it (because we know it's far bigger than the current record holder!).

[​IMG]

The Team:

Supersonic Software might be familiar. They made Top Gear: Stunt School Revolution for iOS last year... but they've got an even cooler heritage than that. They made Micro Machines 2 on the Megadrive (Genesis?!)! I don't know about you, but I owe them a LOT for all the hours of fun that game gave me :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Campaign:

So yeah, we're aiming to raise £5000 on Kickstarter, but we're not really doing the same old. There's the game (PC & mobile), as well as an A0 poster of the full puzzle (prototype below)...

...but the best bit is getting your name (or a word of your choosing) into the puzzle! That means, (if) when we get the World Record, you'll be immortalised as part of it :D

I think that's pretty unique & awesome.

[​IMG]

Anyway please take a look, and we'll be updating this thread a lot with progress and development stuff - as well as our twitter and facebook pages (links in my sig). So keep an eye out! :D

Any questions, of course - fire away!

2. AppyNation

Aug 17, 2012
    London
    Just taken delivery of the first prototype A0 wordsearch poster.

It's HUGE...

Zombie included for scale

[​IMG]

You can pledge as little as $24 to get it as a pdf, or more for a printout. It's incredible to behold!

3. AppyNation

Aug 17, 2012
    London
  4. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    The poster is huge, and the idea is great!