iPad Pocket Heroes - (by Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I guess that if the other games are fine with Gamecenter notifications, the dev is the only one who can help you.
    Sorry not to be of help.
    What happens if you press resync?

2. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    all of the mixed reviews here actually have made me curious enough to see it for myself, so just downloaded it.

GC info in the proper thread in the proper forum

3. cubanbass

cubanbass Member

Jul 12, 2012
    musician
    Hoboken, NJ
    I must say that I am really enjoying myself with this game. Out of the 15 active games I'm only getting one that I am progressing though at a steady rate. I would be in trouble if they were all playing at the same intensity.

4. Comassion

Comassion Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    #344 Comassion, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
    Try hitting resync - I've found that several issues with characters in the wrong places (like in trees) get fixed by that, though you may be stuck. In that case just hit end turn and let the others finish the level. Have you tried zapping him?

Also, I've got a bug of my own to report. Night of the phantom Longbows.

So I'm doing quest 2 with my Rogue, and my allies are a pair of Mechies. Early on, one of them drops a Longbow for me (not sure where he got it, but yay!) Shortly thereafter, an enemy drops a potion. I grab it, and it reappears next turn - also, the potion in my inventory has turned into another Longbow. Also, I noticed that the longbow that I was equipping remained in my inventory, but kept getting de-equipped every turn. I picked up the potion again, and it also turned into a longbow next turn. The potion reappeared again, but I moved on, as it was obviously bugged.

My allies were also appearing to have items turn into longbows, as they dropped two more over the course of the quest. I had eight or nine Longbows by the time we finished quest 2.

So in camp I sold all but one of them and bought some nice defensive gear with the money. But the game had another surprise in store: When quest 3 started, I lost the one longbow I had kept (leaving me with no weapon) and I lost a bunch of gold, putting me into the negatives. So I wound up with an invincible, impotent rogue. :p At least my special abilities were still able to hurt enemies, so I re-synched one of my turns until an enemy dropped a weapon that I could use (Now I'm a rogue with a sword! I figured that since the game took my only weapon, it was fair to cheat to get a replacement one.)

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Brandon, two async power features that have finally started to become commonplace in async games (but are still strangely in part ignored by some async devs, such as Playdek, even though UniWar and Carcassonne revealed their usefulness early on in the history of async), are to let push notifications show the names of the other players in the pushed game, and to have push notifications bring the player directly into the actual game in question. Might we see these for Pocket Heroes?

Separate push notifications for chat messages (as per Carcassonne) are perhaps not quite as essential to my mind, but also a very nice addition.

Is this the same as random matchmaking (the ability to add random players to parties)? Currently, that might be the most pressing need of all, if my own rationale holds true:

(Sorry for the repost, forumites, but this post seem to have been lost in the torrents of praise and complaints, so I'll try to catch Brandon eye once again :))

There were plans for a DMtool/adventure creator web/iPad interface. I hope they are still in the works, or at least in the minds of f5.

6. Comassion

May 23, 2009

Are you using all-lowercase e-mail addresses when you go by e-mail? There's currently an issue with e-mails with uppercase letters.

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well I for one am really enjoying this. I've got around 3 pretty active games with people from here and a load more where people are only taking a turn a day or what ever but still im loving the actual gameplay.
    It's exactly what I was expecting it to be, a Async turn based dungeon crawler type game.
    Glad to add it to my daily Async games of ascension, outwitters and now this (used to be hero academy but I ditched that for outwitters)

Even though it's essentially the same game (well similar) there all playing out pretty different due to how everyone is talking their turn and what class they are.

More impresions on the actually missions will have to come much later as in my furthest game were only up to the third quest.

But final words.... Love it.

8. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    #348 Artfoundry, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
    Has anyone been able to equip rings or pendants? I've picked up 3 on two different characters and haven't been able to equip any of them. When I hit equip nothing happens, and there's no text saying they can't be used by those characters.

[edit] nvm I just figured out you need to choose the slot after hitting equip. That slot highlight color is way too hard to see.

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Another thing. I'm really impressed at how quick this is to load and get into a game.

Takes me back to when I was about 15 playing 40k on a weekend. :cool:

10. offsafety

offsafety Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Ive hit resync across all games. The games stutters for a sec but nothing changes.

11. offsafety

offsafety Member

Jul 13, 2012
    all lower case email addresses. Maybe or two of the accounts have either upper case letters in the username or password, but absolutely none on the emails. I don't have a problem logging in, just my games aren't being sent or received apparently. I guess I can try and create another account with all lower cases on every field... But it seems like reaching right now... Getting a little frustrated here :( thanks for all u guys' help by the way.

12. REkzkaRZ

REkzkaRZ Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    TV Production / AV Engineer
    SF Bay Area
    Pitta -- yes!!

> It's no a 5 minute affairs like Outwitters or Hero Academy.

Thank goodness!! I wanted to like those games, but they lack the depth of chess so much.

Here's my take (after agreeing to *all* points made by Pitta):
    I convinced some friends to play -- after I posted my Info on forums & now have a ton of requests to play.
    I started ~ 5 games. Have made ~ 10 moves in 1 game, ~3 in another. All other games ~ 1 move.
    I'd like to be able to see who's in those games (by name, gc name, or ...?) and delete.

I also got 3 requests from 1 person. Can't see who they are playing in each game -- clearly there's another flaw.

I'm super-psyched on this game. I think a new genre of mobile gaming has arrived!

Whether this is an early example & will not be advanced far, or if it's the beginning of something which will have a lot of possible adventures -- I'm very happy to give this project $1 and hope for the best...! (Almost feels like Kickstarting a project.)
    rekzkarz.com

13. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've got my name out there on a few sites, but I don't have many games going (3). I hate that I can't narrow my GC list down to people that have the game only...Or can I?

14. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yup... have to TOTALLY agree with Pitta! This game is fantastic. Even though, yes, there are some little tweaks it could use... the core gameplay is awesome. I haven't had an experience like this since 7th grade playing D&D with friends all night... =oD

Lovin it! =oD

Also... when it comes to MP games... there's always some de-bugging and tweaking that couldn't be done during the beta process... so it's almost always a sort of... wait and see how it evolves sort of thing. Remember Deadlock? Starbase Orion? (these are really the only two MP games I ever played...) - but they went through loads of updates before the majority of people were happy... and I expect the same with this. But right now, I'm definitely enjoying the crap out of it. Every time I see a 'Hero, It's you're turn' pop up on the screen, I usually drop whatever I'm doing... it's great. =oD

15. hobbitrjw27

hobbitrjw27 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Also one more comment I have about the tutorial. I have to express my concern about the difficulty of it. in one of my 2 games (which are both still in the tutorial level) my character has only 6 HP left and nothing he can do about it since I have not got a potion or anything to help me,and this is all after having killed my first wolf in the level.

It sounds to me that for a level that is mainly designed to teach a new player the game it should not be so difficult to where over half of your HP are drained by just one enemy,and you aren't given any potions or anything to help you out.

Now having played other RPG games I can probably steal a few ideas for solutions to this:

-have at least 1 enemy in the tutorial that does not fight back (preferably make this the first enemy a player faces)

-After the player faces his first enemy that does attack back,note in the tutorial how the character is now wounded and then have the game either automatically heal the player or assist the new player by giving him a free health potion.

-Keep the number of enemies to a minimum and instead of having the player face a gauntlet of enemies,have lessons on how to do certain things (like pray as a paladin) and then have the player do it to show they have learned the skill/movement/whatever.

16. offsafety

offsafety Member

Jul 13, 2012
    where do I get Brandon Pollet's email address? I got a notification saying it's my turn but now I have so many accounts and I don't know which if any has the game in it. It seems I have forgotten like 3 of the 6 accounts I created trying to get the game to work...

17. jbills

jbills Active Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Somewhere
    Anyone know how to resurrect a part member? I am not seeing the death guy above my friend, and there does not appear to be any button to resurrect him when I am next to him.

18. Comassion

May 23, 2009
    I think only the Lunar Priestess can resurrect someone, and it's a high-level ability. I haven't had anyone die yet, but I think you just need to press on and complete the level without them and they'll be back at the end.

19. Keiwiii

Keiwiii New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Wanna try this game, right now! Intense or not doesn't matter. Ad on game center: Keiwiii. Want me to play as something specific please say in game center inv.

20. Brandon Pollet

Brandon Pollet Well-Known Member

You are correct that only the Priestess has a full resurrect but you can bring back a dying party member with any heal spell ( Lunar Rays or Healing Touch ). They will only come back with 2 HP though, so it's not something that will be real helpful in the middle of a battle.