Point 'n Click Game Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bowgart, May 11, 2011.

1. Bowgart

Bowgart Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    So I just finished Broken Sword: Director's Cut with my girlfriend, and she absolutely loved it. She thought the voice acting and plot were great, and she really enjoyed the way in which puzzles were handled.

I tried to show her a few other games, like Monkey Island--where she hated the retro graphics--and some of the Big Fish games--which didn't have any voice acting or a real plot.

I was hoping for some suggestions about awesome point-and-click games that we could try out together? Something with actual voice acting, a decent plot, and... well, something like Broken Sword I guess. :)

Any suggestions?

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
  3. Bowgart

Bowgart Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Thanks for the list, but I was hoping for some recommendations.

If there are any specific games in that list which you've enjoyed, or found to be close in quality to the Broken Sword series?

4. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    broken sword the smoking mirror.
    hector badge of carnage
    city of secrets

Or one of the classic ports besides broken sword.
    simon the sorcerer
    monkey island
    flight of the amazon queen

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    City of Secrets and Hector are definitely at the top of my list. I also found the broken sword series pretty good. Other than those, I never got into any other P&C adventures. The rest are pretty boring to me. If you consider Phoenix Wright a P&C, it's no doubt the best one on the iOS, heheh.

6. Flight of the Amazon Queen is really great, even on iPhone. Highly recommended :)