Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 04-22-2014, 09:05 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Woah... League of Legends on tablet isnt so far away anymore

I mean touch can be move, and then there are the skills icons you can tap and target so it doesnt have to be too complicated. You wont be as nimble with skill combos (like lee sin's ward hops or ahri's random charms and reactively connect with DFG, and everything in her arsenal), but this is definitely nice to be able to ply LOL on-the-go.

And... Diablo 3.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:39 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Personally I have iPad Mini Retina, 3DS XL and an iPhone 5S. I have considered the OP's solution but could not justify the price so I went for the iPad instead. All I want a PC gaming system for is full vanilla Minecraft though. Budget blown on the mini so I guess I'm waiting a couple of years for Mojang to get round to giving us the full game on my iPad.

Out of my three portable devices I love the iPad mini retina the most for gaming. I've been playing games on iPhone since the 3G and I could not believe how id managed with such a small screen for so long once I got the iPad. I have occasional moments where I wish id got a full sized iPad but on the whole I think the mini is easier to hold for long periods and this outweighs the benefits of a larger screen for me.

Currently enjoying Baldurs Gate, FTL, Shadowrun Returns and Frozen Synapse. All the titles I could not play on my iPhone.

Luckily my IPad mini R came with 7.0.4 so if they don't bring out a full size Bluetooth controller for iPad soon I will jailbreak it so I can hook my PS3 controller up.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:47 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred447uk View Post
Out of my three portable devices I love the iPad mini retina the most for gaming. I've been playing games on iPhone since the 3G and I could not believe how id managed with such a small screen for so long once I got the iPad. I have occasional moments where I wish id got a full sized iPad but on the whole I think the mini is easier to hold for long periods and this outweighs the benefits of a larger screen for me.
yeah the mini is probably a better gaming device. i mean i like playing on the air's bigger screen even to the point where i don't anymore enjoy that much playing on my iphone. but the ipad feel a bit too big for me, playing on it doesn't really feel natural! the ipad mini seems to have the perfect size! my next ipad will be a mini version.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:50 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

i'm definitely getting the pro 2 this week! i just feel like i have to try it!! i'll let you know when i get my hands on it!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:30 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred View Post
Well, the Surface Pro 2 has for God's sakes a Intel HD 4000 GPU (mobile version, weaker than the desktop one).

And you need to jump through so many hoops to get games working with the touchscreen.

The tablet is heavy and unsuitable for extended gaming sessions.

Not to mention its high price-point.

I do not see how something like this is a desirable gaming device.

It costs like $1000 if not more. For $350 I can get a iPad Mini Retina and another $500 I can get a real decent gaming PC.
Why are you talking about a gaming pc? Just for you know a gaming pc is far from being playable on the go! Trust me i have one, i know what i'm talking about. The surface pro 2 has a hd 4400. And its 2 pounds while the air is 1 pound. I dont think twice the ipad air's weight is a big deal ( at least it isn't for me). And yeah its expensive, i'm not saying "go get yourselves a surface pro 2"! Like i said i jusd found it pretty cool and i'll try because i can afford that and i have a pretty good deal for 700$. On top of all that if i'm not satisfied by the experience i can still sell it (like i do with all the devices i stop using). Having pc games on the go has always been a dream for me so i'll judge by myself if the surface can provide me that. if it works just half as great as i think it does then it'll be worth it (for me). And where you see "so many hoops to get the game working with the touchscreen", me i see the perfect occasion to finally costumize my touch controls to make them the absolute way i want them to be and which is best suited for me, not for the average mobile gamer.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:32 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 8.x

Mine would be my ever-so-useful iPhone, in which I can't go a day without using since I've had it. My second choice would be a PS Vita, as not only the really entertaining games, but the ability to download old PSP games I used to play for the nostalgia .