Football Heroes - (Run Games LLC)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MMarzola, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMarzola

MMarzola Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    #1 MMarzola, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
    We are proud to announce Football Heroes
    [​IMG]

Special Move trailer:

Here is the launch trailer:

@GDC showing the game to the Touch Arcade crew. Here is a link to the article.

Touch Arcade Pre-Alpha Coverage

[​IMG]

Football Heroes is an Arcade Football Game inspired by the classic games Tecmo Bowl and NBA Jam and has RPG and fighting game elements.

Core Features:

• Arcade Sports Action - like NFL Blitz, NBA Jam and Tecmo Bowl.
    • Robust fighting game engine with combos and unlockable moves.
    • RPG System where your players will gain XP every time they do something awesome like catch a pass, gain some yards or score a touchdown
    • Perks - As you level up you will unlock powerful new moves and abilities, and can be used in the game like skills in World of Warcraft. We will be updating with new perk details regularly on the Touch Arcade Forums.
    • Customize your team through extensive team customization tools.
    • Online Multiplayer with Matchmaking - Battle your friends and foes teams online.
    • Wi-Fi Multiplayer - Challenge your friends' teams over WiFi through local multiplayer.
    • Single Player "Division Play" - take on each Division in Football Heroes. Can you collect all the Division trophies

We also successfully launched and funded a Kickstarter campaign. Check out the Kickstarter page for more details about the project:

Football Heroes Kickstarter

[​IMG]

We will be announcing more details about the game as we get closer to launch and some exclusive offers for Touch Arcade Forum Members. Also please let me know if you are interested in playtesting Football Heroes as we are always looking for talented and interested people to join our test team.

Michael Marzola
    Creative Director Run Game LLC
    http://run-games.com/footballheroes
    http://www.facebook.com/FootballHeroesTheGame
    http://twitter.com/MMarzola

2. astropad

astropad Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Pretty cool

I pledged because I like NBA Jam and this seems kind of similar

How many power ups?

3. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Wow. I was just saying the iOS needs a blitz style game. Blitz was for n64 abs was awesome. And this has mp which should be amazing.

4. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    There are around 100 perks planned for the games release :)

Here are the Perks we have announced so far:

Power Boost - Increases the damage your player inflicts when he punches
    Sticky Hands - Increases receiver's ability to catch passes
    Double Jump - Tapping “Jump” while in mid-air allows your player to defy physics and double jump
    Shuffle Speed - Increases QB's movement speed behind the line of scrimmage
    Ground Pound - Knock down all opponents in a given radius
    Stiff Arm - Knock down all opponents in a line while moving
    Fire Bomb - Throw the ball faster and farther and increase the odds of a player being able to catch the pass. And oh yeah, the ball is on FIRE!!

We will be revealing new perks on this thread in the coming weeks, so keep coming back to see the new perks!

5. astropad

astropad Member

Sep 9, 2012
    IPad version?

6. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Yes, we are planning release on the following platforms - iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android devices.

It is very important to us that the game runs well (60 fps) on all versions of the game as it is a Multiplayer game. As we finish optimizing we will update with the specific hardware versions that will be supported by the game.

7. LavaLevel

LavaLevel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    Whoa! This game totally reminds me of Techmo Bowl meets Arch Rivals meets NBA Jam. This is an insta-buy for me for sure. Can you tell me more about your rpg stats/tech tree in the video?

8. Ryan Dale

Ryan Dale Active Member

May 13, 2011
    Finally a good looking Tecmo Bowl clone, looking forward to this.

9. Hahah this looks totally awesome! Reminds me of NBA jam.

10. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Sure thing, when your players gain XP by doing awesome stuff like: catching passes, rushing for yards, punching dudes you will gain XP. When a player gains enough XP they will level up and earn 1 Perk Point. You can then spend that Perk Point on any perk that is available in your player's skill tree. As you spend perk points the skill tree will branch and open giving you access to more powerful moves.

11. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    New perk - oil slick

NEW PERK - OIL SLICK - Leave those chasing Defenders on their behinds by dropping an Oil Slick. When the defender runs over the Oil Slick they will lose their footing and slip on the field they will have to get back up to get back into the play. Hopefully by then you are already in the ENDZONE!!!

12. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    This game looks fun, I've always been a fan of arcadey sports titles. But why did you make team of all white football players against a team of all black football players, and you played as the white team (typical)? I really wanna buy this game but type of B.S. just make me think twice about giving your company my money.

13. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    #13 MMarzola, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    Oh no this is a terrible bug! The bug only allows for one skin tone per team for all players. We have a system in place to allow you to pick the skin tone per player on your team. I am sorry that we did not fix this bug in time for the announcement trailer. This is a terrible oversight and this bug will definitely be fixed before the Beta and for the final release of the game!

14. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012

Ahhhh I see, thanx for the clarification....it just seemed kind of shady to me without knowing about the bug.

15. astropad

astropad Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I think in the video it said you can customize the players anyway

16. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Yep, you can customize everything about your players: Name, Number, Skin Tone and by unlocking Perks you can start customizing your players to your own personal playstyle.

17. LavaLevel

LavaLevel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    What kind of skills are in the tree? Can different skills make guys move faster or hit harder? Or is it just everyone on the team hits harder?

18. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Backed this game..cheers guys..
    :)

19. astropad

astropad Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I backed it too

Will post my username when the game launches so we can battle :)

20. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Here are the Perks we have announced so far:

Power Boost - Increases the damage your player inflicts when he punches
    Sticky Hands - Increases receiver's ability to catch passes
    Double Jump - Tapping “Jump” while in mid-air allows your player to defy physics and double jump
    Shuffle Speed - Increases QB's movement speed behind the line of scrimmage
    Ground Pound - Knock down all opponents in a given radius
    Stiff Arm - Knock down all opponents in a line while moving
    Fire Bomb - Throw the ball faster and farther and increase the odds of a player being able to catch the pass. And oh yeah, the ball is on FIRE!!
    Oil Slick - Leave those chasing Defenders on their behinds by dropping an Oil Slick

When each player levels up their base abilities will increase (run faster, punch for more damage, increase health) but you will also have access to perks that can modify and increase these abilities even more!