Universal Defender Chronicles II: Heroes of Athelia (By Gimka Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I've seen those, on freestyle, strange bat things flying the wrong way. But my rangers killed them so I didn't loose any gate defense.

War Machines are broken in freestyle, maybe?

2. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #602 eev, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
    well honestly f this f stonebreak at legendary, the fact that melven stupidly ignores enemies which are going for the gate makes this map just ridiculous. another point is of course razortooth, those two golems are just like a cheat. why having a map if some enemies take a quick route or something like that. i also tried with new special weapon but it's the same. toped all commander stats, sorcery of course and grinded for nice set of items. but still these maps are just too hard for melven. the first game has also very difficult maps but not like these. it's like the game is saying, there is basically one strategy possible and you need specific weapons and it is not really fun.

3. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Generally speaking, if you're having trouble damaging something, you want to use a unit with slow attack/high damage, like wizards.

I just replayed Underfell on Heroic, and my wizards/Melwen destroyed the ninjas. Have you maxed out Mage Commander? I think it's only 1 point per level. I also recommend buying the best crown you can get for your reputation (crowns are a relatively cheap headpiece that add to all three commander stats).

Edit: You realize they heal, right? So maybe you're dealing damage, but just not enough to overcome their healing?

4. MisterDrgn

Mar 14, 2009
    Don't do that! See my post above...

To be fair, my Mage Commander is actually at 70, but this must've worked when it was at 50. I have 0 points in Bow Commander.

5. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Melwen's archers/rangers are pretty useless, I wouldn't waste the gold on them unless you have lots of little bats to kill. Don't build warriors, build squires and upgrade them to cavaliers (fast enough to stop the ninjas).

If you've got it at 30, and haven't maxed all your other skills, I suggest getting a Crystal of Forgetfulness from the Black Market and spending the points elsewhere. All the other skills are more use.

I've just beaten it for the first time on Heroic, and everything looked like it was damaging the ninjas, Lizardmen, Cavaliers, Melwen, and the White Wizard.

6. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Yeah. I don't understand, at all, why you would think that archers would be better. Obviously they are going to do less dps, due to the armor. The only advantage is that they can attack over a larger area, but how's that going to help if the target is constantly healing?

7. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    I got the archers because the white wizard an arch-mage were doing very little damage to the red ninjas, not nearly enough to overcome their healing. Yes I have maxed out mage commander 50/50. In the academy it says their weakness is rangers, so I built rangers. I'm not talking about the regular ninjas, anything can wipe those out. I'm talking about the 4 glowing red boss ninjas that appear midway in the level. They appear right next to the exit, move extremely fast, heal, can kill archers in a few seconds, and are almost immune to magic. They're about as cheap and annoying as those councillor enemies.

8. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Well, like I said above, I think you're paying way too much attention to that advice. (I think "none" is the right amount....)

9. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Someone really ####ed up. Can't play Legendary mode because I already unlocked it before the update.

10. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Ouch. What do you mean, "can't play it"? The Legendary levels are all locked and you've beaten everything else, including the new level? You sure it's just not that you need to unlock it?

11. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I hear good things about this game, what is this game can anyone link me to a light version or a review? Or even a game lik this?

12. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
  13. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    #613 dib, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    No I didn't notice a new level. So now it relocked all legendary until I can beat that.

It has also locked up the game twice at the end.

14. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Yes, that's intentional.

They've submitted an update to fix the freezing.

15. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    #615 HLW, Jun 11, 2012
    The archmage doesn't do as much damage as wizards. Try wizards.

Also try a fire wand for Melwen.

Edit: to be able to build the archmage, you must have sold the white wizard, as you can only have one champion guild per level - don't do that, the white wizard is very good.

16. MisterDrgn

Mar 14, 2009
    I disagree. A lightning wand will hit more of them (since they aren't all clumped up), and it'll probably do more damage.

November, it's not that you aren't damaging them. You just aren't damaging them enough. They heal themselves repeatedly, as do most glowing enemies; you should hear a sound to indicate this is happening. If you can't do enough damage to use up their heals before they race through the map, you can block them with infantry. You just need super-fast infantry (cavaliers, or something else with items that give + infantry move).

However, if you can get your wizard damage up high enough, you shouldn't need that. Like I said, I'd buy one of those crowns that boost all your commander skills. Also, I agree that you might want to reset your skill points with the item from the Black Market; all that Bow Commander is a waste.

Edit: Obviously, you should max your Sorcery, too, and get the best possible wand.

17. regkilla

regkilla Well-Known Member

game is fun. They should make a 3D version of this!

18. exam

exam Active Member

Jan 22, 2012
    3D games are overrated . With a classic tower defense like this, 2D is the way to go. I like DC 1's graphic a lot. It just felt like a mythical battle is happening right in front of me.

19. exam

exam Active Member

Jan 22, 2012
    #619 exam, Jun 11, 2012
    Melwen will always attack the high armour army first. If your ranger is suffered, get yourself the marksman and the wizard then equip the marksman some potions to recover his health and equip your character a weapon/clothes/accessory that can increase attack and range of your wizard. Get swordmaster(only use this unit when the unit has +2 move after you unlock basic champion warrior from elwyn character otherwise they aren't fast enough) or cavalier if you don't get marksman to block the ninja so your wizards can kill them. Rangers and cavalier are expensive so it's up how you spend your coins and how you get coins from the start.

20. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    the stuff with freestyle medal was not fixed in the last update? because i won that 80 wins medal but got only 20 skill points.