App file sizes

07-22-2013, 02:45 PM
#1
App file sizes

I have a ton of games and am running low on storage. I used to be able to easily see all my apps and their file sizes through itunes, when I connected my iPad to my Mac. Now, I can't see the file sizes anymore and don't want to look each app up to determine the file size.

Anyone know of a way to easily view all the app file sizes from a single location?
07-22-2013, 02:54 PM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedumbgamer View Post
I have a ton of games and am running low on storage. I used to be able to easily see all my apps and their file sizes through itunes, when I connected my iPad to my Mac. Now, I can't see the file sizes anymore and don't want to look each app up to determine the file size.

Anyone know of a way to easily view all the app file sizes from a single location?
You can view all the app sizes within your iPad.
Just go to Settings - General / Usage / Storage / Show all Apps

Currently Playing - Radiation Island
07-22-2013, 03:04 PM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candykiller View Post
You can view all the app sizes within your iPad.
Just go to Settings - General / Usage / Storage / Show all Apps
Awesome! Thank you so much. I appreciate it!
07-22-2013, 03:57 PM
#4
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,823
I always find twitter and Facebook seem to have inflated filesizes. I tend toddlers the apps then reinstall.
07-22-2013, 05:53 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I always find twitter and Facebook seem to have inflated filesizes.
That will be because these apps cache the content you have been viewing. A good example is Flipboard. If you use Flipboard for a while then take note of the app size as described above. Then go into Flipboard settings and Clear the Content Cache. Check the file size again and it will be dramatically reduced to the base app size again.

Currently Playing - Radiation Island