launching Wed, Nov 13 - Don't Shoot Yourself! [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JohnnyCoghlan, Nov 8, 2013.

1. JohnnyCoghlan

JohnnyCoghlan Well-Known Member

#1 JohnnyCoghlan, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    Hi TouchArcade forum folks,

We are glad to announce that the hotly-anticipated bulletstorm puzzle-shooter, Don't Shoot Yourself!, is launching next Wednesday November 13! It's a universal iOS game and will be priced at $0.99, a 66% off launch sale.

We have received a load of press and fan inquiries about Don't Shoot Yourself! already. It's indie-developed by talented US studio, Silverware Games. Please bear with us while we process all of the amazing interest, and believe us we are all very grateful! :)

Here's the ace trailer and a brief list of Don't Shoot Yourself!'s innovative game features. Enjoy and please spread the word here anyway you can, thanks!

Your bullets are your worst enemy in Don’t Shoot Yourself!, the addictive and unique new puzzle shoot-'em-up for iOS devices. Use one finger to move the hero around the screen while constantly firing bullets, avoiding your deadly ammunition to stay alive! Sounds easy right? Think again – you’ll need quick reflexes and some creative strategy to reach the next fiendishly designed level.

• New Environments Offer New Challenges – The walls around you can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Bullets react to the many different surfaces they collide with such as portals, invisible walls, and fiendish targeting barriers that snipe at you, so plan ahead and try to aim in the right direction!
    • 50 Themed Levels – With minimalist modern visuals inspired by artist Damien Hirst, Don’t Shoot Yourself! showcases themes such as arcade classics, natural beauty, vicious circles, and extra-tough “Boss” levels.
    • Infinite Mode – Showcase your survival skills in Infinite Mode, where the levels come at random and without stopping. Truly the ultimate mode for shmup addicts to prove themselves!
    • Share Replays with Friends – Whether you succeed or fail, you can share a movie of your experience with friends via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or email.
    • Listen and Learn – The expertly designed game soundtrack reacts when you make a mistake. Listen out and learn to react as soon as the audio starts getting nasty!
    • Get Hints from the Game – Don’t Shoot Yourself! isn’t always trying to make you shoot yourself. The game offers hints and advice (and even moral support!) in case you feel bad at yet another failure. Just one more go, that’s all it will take … right?
    • Left-Handed Option – We don’t discriminate; play with whichever hand you like!

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I can't wait for this, as you know, so excited ;-)

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I forgot this was releasing next week. Can't wait

4. msilver

msilver Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Hey, Dev Here. Can't wait to see you guys figure out all the levels! Feel free to throw any questions my way. :D

5. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Oh yes, looks great. Waiting...

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Fantastic! I have a special slot in my DontThrowiPad folder for this baby.

Launch sale too... No reason not to get it now, especially for the buckholes.

7. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Great gameplay or unique i would said.

8. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Waiting for this, it's my kind of game, does it have Game Center, hope so. Good luck with your launch.

9. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I hope so too, I'm coming for you roger lol lol

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I've seen a similar gameplay done on flash before, but it'll be a first of its kind on iOS i believe.

11. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    May you name the game of flash? I want to try it.

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Dont recall. There were a couple. One was set in space and the things you spew when accelerating are the things you need to avoid, and the other one involves your spirits or ghosts. Ireally cant remember the titles.

13. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well wait and see Ha Ha.

14. JohnnyCoghlan

JohnnyCoghlan Well-Known Member

Here's a link to the free Unity Player (early) demo of Don't Shoot Yourself! on the website of its indie developer, Silverware Games. http://www.silverwaregames.com/DSY/ Check it out and let us know your thoughts here! :)

15. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member