★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iTunes having troubles? (Can't complete sale)

11-10-2009, 03:05 PM
iTunes having troubles? (Can't complete sale)

Is anyone else having trouble purchasing items off the App store right now?

Edit:
Mods feel free to move this into the lounge, or delete the thread since I can now download form the store again. I swear, I restarted both my devices and also tried to purchase stuff on my Mac before making the thread.

Last edited by mrWalrus; 11-10-2009 at 03:09 PM.
11-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah, iTunes/AppStore is behaving strangely. First I updated a couple apps through iTunes (desktop), and after updating about 3, my list of over 50 that had available updates disappeared. Not only that, but all of a sudden iTunes didn't recognize my account in the update section. It just said, "() has no updates available. Log in to a different account to check for updates."

Just to check, I updated an app directly on my phone and after it finished, I went back to the AppStore and it said all my apps were up to date, even though I had 9 updates minutes earlier.

Two guys walked into a bar. You think they would've seen it or something.

11-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Same here, actually it began yesterday. My connection times out, too (and there is nothing wrong with it).
11-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirt Reynolds View Post
Yeah, iTunes/AppStore is behaving strangely. First I updated a couple apps through iTunes (desktop), and after updating about 3, my list of over 50 that had available updates disappeared. Not only that, but all of a sudden iTunes didn't recognize my account in the update section. It just said, "() has no updates available. Log in to a different account to check for updates."

Just to check, I updated an app directly on my phone and after it finished, I went back to the AppStore and it said all my apps were up to date, even though I had 9 updates minutes earlier.

I have a couple of apps that needed updates, that I updated directly on my ipod touch. However, they keep showing up that they need to be updated. Not really sure what the issue is as I have not had this problem before.
11-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrWalrus View Post
Is anyone else having trouble purchasing items off the App store right now?
Two things: 1) what happens when you try to purchase and any error messages? and 2) have you contacted iTunes Store support?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
I have all the gumballs!
11-11-2009, 12:40 PM
For me, home sharing isn't working....
11-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourofl10 View Post
For me, home sharing isn't working....
And this has to do with the iTunes STORE how

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95