Games Similar to Ratchet & Clank?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Burton, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Are there any games similar to Ratchet & Clank in the App Store? I've kinda been craving a game of that sort. xD

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Real Racing.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    ^ Random_Guy lives true to his name ^

Meh, I wish. Platformers are hard to perfect on the platform, along with the low expected price-tags that keep games from exceeding $10. A game like this would take at least something around $20, and I really doubt people would be willing to spend that much dough after getting "Sims 3" (in quotes, since it was such a watered-down experience) for half that.

4. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    I'd be willing to pay $20 for Ratchet and Clank on the iPhone, it's Sony's greatest video game franchise. But closest thing I've seen to Ratchet and Clank is http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=314767644&mt=8 I wish there was a Ratchet and Clank...

5. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    there is one. but i cant remember the name at the moment

6. Closter

Closter Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Otto matic?

7. 3D action adventure

Sherman the Alaskan Cow 3D action adventure will be coming to the iphone at the end of this year.

Our inspirations are Ratchet and Clank, Ty Tasmanian Tiger, Sly Cooper, Jack and Daxter, and of course the Super Mario series. Those are our favorite games that we grew up with and that's where are inspirations are from.

Here's are WIP video:

Let us know what you want to see in our game and what part of those games do you like. Maybe we can incorporate it or make it even better :)

you can always see the latest news, concepts, and screen shots on our facebook fan site:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sherman-the-Alaskan-Cow/159664977420261?sk=info

8. And, it will only be 99cents. We don't believe in over pricing for fans ^_^

9. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I liked the wrench, the shiny bolts, and the sound of collecting bolts. Most importantly, I liked the RYNO.
    I want to see a WRENCH!!! the shiny BOLTS!!! and the sound of collecting bolts!!! Most importantly, I want RYNO!!! :D

10. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Interesting game in Sherman the Alaskan Cow. I do see parts relative to R&C but I'm still like the others and wished the actual game of R&C would be seen on iOS devices. I'm really a big fan and played every game since they launched the title.
    Not sure how plausible making a game for iOS is but certainly something in hopes of in the future. Lets not foget Jak and Daxter along with Sly Cooper would be great too and at the least could see him as a platform type game.

11. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    You should make a new thread for it.

12. @gunxsword The wrench is a significant part of Ratchet, we would like to keep that with Ratchet. Sherman the Alaskan Cow has a fish where you can slap enemies and throw the fish like a boomerang, that's Sherman's specialty :)

However, we could definitely add sound effects like collecting bolts to the game.

@Coldar we're a big fan of Ratchet and Clank too, in fact, that's our biggest inspiration when developing this game and we would love to see Ratchet on Clank on the mobile too. No doubt about it, we would support that game if they bring it to mobile because Ratchet and Clank is our motivation for developing in the first place.

In addition to our snow level, we also have a factory level that is very inspired by Ratchet and Clank, so we ask, give our game a chance. :)

13. CrisisInNeed

CrisisInNeed Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Student
    Sydney,nsw,australia
    Of course im buyin on day 1!!

14. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Lol, my post was a satire (in case you took it too seriously :D)
    Another request/parody: will there be an over-the-top 'ultimate weapon' (a.k.a. RYNO?)

15. Mivo

Mivo Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    Germany
    Not very plausible, unfortunately. R&C, Jak, Daxter are Sony franchises, and Sony is not likely to have much of an interest to support iOS. They have their own gaming platforms and plan the release of the Sony NGP handheld at the end of the year, so actively supporting an essentially competing system isn't so likely.

That's not to say I would love for it to happen. :) Big fan of Daxter here.

16. There is an ultimate special attack, but we are not allow to release it to the public yet. :D

I'll leak this only in this forum since you asked. The special attack is call "moo cow berserker" :)

17. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    Definitely keeping an eye out on this one :)

18. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    This looks amazing! I'll be picking this up for sure! I see the aspects to the above mentioned games! Love all those! Wish I could have it now!

19. We will be posting a new video next week. Keep an eye out for it :)

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The only other game falling within the Ratchet and Clank/Daxter genre (3D action platformer) that I can think of is Gameloft's port of Rayman 2. The original release had wonky controls and an unforgiving save system, but after an update it is now very playable.