Comments via app broken?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by houseofg, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

2. Aurizen

Aurizen Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    #42 Aurizen, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    Honestly I think you guys should start a kickstarter or a go fund me, I would absolutely donate if it happens this app is highly important to me and to get live updates, and notifications when apps go on sale or free and reading the articles. Definitely, with a budget of 10k-50 would be definitely worth it, Its surely possible. I would be glad to donate what I have if it means the app could be revamped and still maintains its great features.

3. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    How so Eli? Really would like to fix this issue since it is annoying to not be able to post on news articles.

Also why are the dates out of whack?? I'm posting this on November 30 and shows like 2 weeks earlier

4. cofunguy

Sep 24, 2012
    As Eli and others have pointed out, even if they did rebuild the app, the app violates 2 sections of Apple's almighty approval rules. Thus any app, even one built from the ground up, would still not get approved.

5. Aurizen

Aurizen Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Is there a way to not violate it? What is actually being violated?

6. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Holy crap, I've been able to comment again for a while and I don't remember the app having this problem for 4 months, why is this thread still going?

7. cofunguy

Sep 24, 2012
    Well anything regarding my issue??

8. cofunguy

Sep 24, 2012
    Still waiting to hear back regarding my issue...

9. cofunguy

Sep 24, 2012
    Because I still have the issue. Have emailed/message them every so often without a peep back. Like every 6-8 weeks.

Now going on 9 months without even an explanation as to why I cannot comment on news threads. Just found it odd that after coming back from a 3 week vacation in June ( and barring using the electronic devices for pics, off the electronic network!) that this happened.

Just be nice to know why and/or get the error 12 issue fixed. If it wasn't for the vast inventory of threads and apps I watch, I would get a new account but alas I don't.

10. dancingcrane

dancingcrane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2016
    How can this app be a replacement for the App Store? Apples approval system is what's broken. You SEND people to the App Store! Hope they fix the rules.

11. nini

nini Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Having a weird problem where posting a comment on an article causes an error and then crash. Would report the crash but no idea where it goes and if anything can be done, just stumping it up to a Disqus specific issue given how much they seem to hate the idea of site-specific logins these days.

12. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Me too, Nini. I've had to switch over to the web version to comment. We've got someone looking into it, but I suspect the ol' app might be reaching its limits.

13. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #53 houseofg, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    Looks like this (blank comments page) is happening again as of today's articles. #

Edit: back to normal