Tactical Soldier on sale ->99 cents

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Probably not yet, it should be on sale in the US after 11 PM.

If you like TBS With individual combat, today is a great day! Grab this and GBWG, 99 cents each.

Tactical Soldier - Undead Rising

Tactical Soldier is a tactical squad level turn based game where you control a group of soldiers trying to uncover the d…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Tactical Soldier is a tactical squad level turn based game where you control a group of soldiers trying to uncover the dark secrets of an army research base invaded by zombies.

From the makers of Monster Ball, Smack Boxing, Smack Hockey, TouchWars and ElectroCute, we go back to the roots and re-invent turn based gaming in a modern, mobile world.

—————————————————

Campaign 2 - Mopping up, now available as an in-app purchase!

—————————————————

iOS App of the day at TUAW!

Game of the month at TouchArcade!
    ★★★★★

—————————————————

“If you’re looking for something new to scratch your tactical itch, then Tactical Soldier – Undead Rising is highly recommended.” - TouchArcade

“Tactical Soldier has been garnering some acclaim on the App Store lately, and it's well deserved.” - TUAW

“This game is definitely one to check out, for turn-based tactical fans, as well as zombie fans!” - Gamers Route

“Tactical Soldier – Undead Rising isn’t just another zombie-based iPad game; it offers depth and complexity that many of its predecessors lack.” - iPad n’ Gravy

“Thankfully Tactical Soldier takes it down a few notches and gives us what is basically X-Com meets the undead. [...] If you’re on the lookout for a nice tactical game to challenge your wits, Tactical Soldier is well worth a look.” - TouchMyApps

User reviews:
    “Finally a zombie based game that rewards strategic thought! An inspiring approach to the genre for "true" zombie game aficionados. (the original Resident evil games etc.). Very highly recommended!”
    ★★★★★ - Romero Steel

“I was looking for an xcom styled zombie game the day this came out. Bought it instantly. Great game. Good 3d graphics and the comic style cutscenes were a nice touch.”
    ★★★★☆ - rob3d

“Anyone familiar with the Jagged Alliance, Silent Storm, Laser Squad or X-Com series is going to feel right at home with this game.”
    ★★★★★ - Canyonxplorer

—————————————————

NOTE: The game does not support iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 2nd gen or earlier

-- Features --
    • Horror/Zombie theme.
    • Full 3D world with detailed level art.
    • Exciting boss fights.
    • Different weapons for different play styles.
    • Experience points and skill-ups on a per-unit basis.
    • Enemies drop unique powerups.
    • Action aware ambient sound system.
    • Lots of unlockable achievements.
    • “Pick up and Play” Mechanics.
    • 7+ Hours of Story Driven Gameplay (+even more added in Campaign 2!).
    • Game Center Integration.
    • Universal iPhone (3GS and later) and iPad support.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Role Playing, Strategy
    Release:Mar 30, 2011
    Updated:Dec 06, 2011
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (15)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Heard it was a little imbalanced, but it has zombies...so, yeah. I'll bite.

3. #3 Connector, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012

Tactical Soldier - Undead Rising

Tactical Soldier is a tactical squad level turn based game where you control a group of soldiers trying to uncover the d…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Tactical Soldier is a tactical squad level turn based game where you control a group of soldiers trying to uncover the dark secrets of an army research base invaded by zombies.

From the makers of Monster Ball, Smack Boxing, Smack Hockey, TouchWars and ElectroCute, we go back to the roots and re-invent turn based gaming in a modern, mobile world.

—————————————————

Campaign 2 - Mopping up, now available as an in-app purchase!

—————————————————

iOS App of the day at TUAW!

Game of the month at TouchArcade!
    ★★★★★

—————————————————

“If you’re looking for something new to scratch your tactical itch, then Tactical Soldier – Undead Rising is highly recommended.” - TouchArcade

“Tactical Soldier has been garnering some acclaim on the App Store lately, and it's well deserved.” - TUAW

“This game is definitely one to check out, for turn-based tactical fans, as well as zombie fans!” - Gamers Route

“Tactical Soldier – Undead Rising isn’t just another zombie-based iPad game; it offers depth and complexity that many of its predecessors lack.” - iPad n’ Gravy

“Thankfully Tactical Soldier takes it down a few notches and gives us what is basically X-Com meets the undead. [...] If you’re on the lookout for a nice tactical game to challenge your wits, Tactical Soldier is well worth a look.” - TouchMyApps

User reviews:
    “Finally a zombie based game that rewards strategic thought! An inspiring approach to the genre for "true" zombie game aficionados. (the original Resident evil games etc.). Very highly recommended!”
    ★★★★★ - Romero Steel

“I was looking for an xcom styled zombie game the day this came out. Bought it instantly. Great game. Good 3d graphics and the comic style cutscenes were a nice touch.”
    ★★★★☆ - rob3d

“Anyone familiar with the Jagged Alliance, Silent Storm, Laser Squad or X-Com series is going to feel right at home with this game.”
    ★★★★★ - Canyonxplorer

—————————————————

NOTE: The game does not support iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 2nd gen or earlier

-- Features --
    • Horror/Zombie theme.
    • Full 3D world with detailed level art.
    • Exciting boss fights.
    • Different weapons for different play styles.
    • Experience points and skill-ups on a per-unit basis.
    • Enemies drop unique powerups.
    • Action aware ambient sound system.
    • Lots of unlockable achievements.
    • “Pick up and Play” Mechanics.
    • 7+ Hours of Story Driven Gameplay (+even more added in Campaign 2!).
    • Game Center Integration.
    • Universal iPhone (3GS and later) and iPad support.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Role Playing, Strategy
    Release:Mar 30, 2011
    Updated:Dec 06, 2011
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (15)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

appinfo=all to force first post to show description

4. #4 Connector, Nov 2, 2012
    How come with the appinfo=full, I see no item description, but when I add appinfo=all, I see the first post now with description???

Greyskull can you use all instead of full? Never see the description which is important to see. Thanks! :)

5. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Look, you're telling me to use appinfo=all. Others want appinfo=full. I've had more complaints from using all then full, so I'm sticking with full. OK?

Next person who tells me how to post will is getting goatse'd.

6. #6 Connector, Nov 2, 2012
    I don't recall anyone in the past requesting full, but why is full better than all? I can't see the item description with full. Why is that good? We come here to look for more info on games, not less.

Anyway, looks like I can force your first post to do a detailed description, so you prefer it that way?

And all of the other posters are using appinfo=all too... If you don't like to link to itunes, then just don't and let one of the other senior members do it. Cause it really seems like you don't want to sometimes. You can still put up a thread and ask someone to link. Name me one other senior that uses full instead of all.

What do you others think? I will take Greyskull's goatse'd cause I can't stand seeing the itunes description without a description. Without that information, it makes it really hard to determine if you want to download the game or not.

No offense meant by this Greyskull. :)

7. jacknicklson

jacknicklson Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Is campaign 2 always $1 or is that on sale as well?

8. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Yeah how much is Campaign 2?

9. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    For god's sake I've said my memory is wretched. Sonetimes I put full, sometimes all. I guess all is what you're supposed to use. I will try to remember, mkay?

10. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Noooooooooooooo I'd forgotten all about that for months until you mention it!! Damn you :eek:

11. Thanks good buddy. And thanks for always posting things up for us, always. :D

12. blikstad

blikstad Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Freelance artist and game developer.
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Campaign 2 is on sale for 99c too! Normal price for it is $3.99.