Good Platform Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PogoTank, Apr 16, 2011.

1. PogoTank

PogoTank Member

Hey, I am working on my own Platform game for the iphone and touch platforms. I have played a lot of games that replicate Mario or Sonic and the classic platform games but nothing that reallys takes the platform mechanics forward on the cool new devices - tbh Doddle Jump is only game I played that really takes platforms games and does something suited to smartphones!

Any reccomendations on games I should check out?

2. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    League of Evil .

Pix'n love rush .

Soosiz

Rolando 1 and 2

Robot wants kitty

Perfect cell .

wrong section btw .

3. PogoTank

PogoTank Member

which section should I be in?

hmm pix n rush I like, League of Evil is awesome but the controls are too standard....they condense platform action into small levels but they dont really changes things up.

Rolando & soosiz though, they are awesome well reminded will go play them some more!

Never heard of robot wants kitty, certainly an interesting name. think I will give it a download.

4. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Why do people always forget about Frogatto? Best platformer on the platform.

5. PogoTank

PogoTank Member

if you dont mind me asking, what do you look for or like in a platform game on your iphone / touch?

For me I like the games that do something different, the ones like rolando that take classic platform game level design and do something new.

What makes Frogatto the best?

6. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    LoE is known for its very very responsive controls and the pretty damn insane difficulty at the end but some managed to complete it them all .

Take note that for RwK , Raptisoft is planning to properly build their server for sharing maps (There is a map creation) and it'd take a while , approx. a month according to them .

What I like in platform games is that I can pick up and play them for short periods of time . However most of the times , I get so immersed in the game that I forget about the time .

7. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    ahahah please stop writing these redundant threads "Best platformer games" or "Good platform games" or "Suggest me a platform game" or whatever.
    Please!
    Let's search on google page for "best platformer games toucharcade"...u will be satisfied!

8. Elfanger

Elfanger Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Pizza boy.

9. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    It's quite long, has great graphics (if you like the retro style), it's polished and, simply the most fun to play.

10. DarwinAce

DarwinAce Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    [hqyoutube]3P-R8OsvQKQ[/hqyoutube]​

Soosiz is the best one i've played so far... haven't played many of the other ones mentioned here like rolando, but i hear they're good.

11. PogoTank

PogoTank Member

its cool you mention short play times...its one of the big things I put in my game. I am trying to work into something like dizzy, where all the action takes part in single screens. So basically if you know what your doing you can complete a level in a couple of seconds (like cut the rope) but its the journey to find how to solve the level thats the real fun part of the game....or at least thats why I spent years playing mario or sonic or hell even the adams family back on the amiga!

Also I know these games aren't single screen but something about the small screens and the tilt puts me off large scrolling screens!

12. PogoTank

PogoTank Member

pizza boy I love! But it frustrates me that it doesn't do more with the device...I want to be tilting and doing a little more tbh.

13. Xyo

Xyo Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Theres tons of good platformer games on iOS. Just takes some searching!
    And I agree, pizza boy is really fun

14. PogoTank

PogoTank Member

And its Live

Hey,

Just posting to announce the launch of our new platform game Bounce Boom! We are passing out promo codes, for those interested give me a PM and I will send you one. Let us know your first impressions once you play though!

Description

Welcome to Bounce Boom the ultimate platform game on the app store!

Have you leapt great distances with the classic platform games of the 90s or jumped your way through a doodle landscape lately? Then its time to try Bounce Boom as we bring you 120 levels of insane platform action!

Playing is easy, simply tilt to move and tap anywhere to shoot, collect all the stars in a level to open the exit and escape to the next!

It looks easy, its easy to play, all the levels are a single screen, surely you can complete them!?!?? Don't be crazy we have designed this for all you console and experienced gamers out there! Your going to need to feel the rhythm of your bouncing tank, plan your route and time your moves to perfection to win!

One tilt too far and its bye bye!

Buy now as we work to add an all new invader mode in a future update, practice your timing, bouncing and shooting before we introduce the ultimate infinite game mode!

BounceBoom

Setting Bounce Boom Free for 1 week only!

Welcome to Bounce Boom the ultimate platform game on the app store!<…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Setting Bounce Boom Free for 1 week only!

Welcome to Bounce Boom the ultimate platform game on the app store!

Have you leapt great distances with the classic platform games of the 90s or jumped your way through a doodle landscape lately? Then its time to try Bounce Boom as we bring you 120 levels of insane platform action!

Playing is easy, simply tilt to move and tap anywhere to shoot, collect all the stars in a level to open the exit and escape to the next!

It looks easy, its easy to play, all the levels are a single screen, surely you can complete them!?!?? Don't be crazy we have designed this for all you console and experienced gamers out there! Your going to need to feel the rhythm of your bouncing tank, plan your route and time your moves to perfection to win!

One tilt too far and its bye bye!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Apr 18, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

15. DJMoya

DJMoya Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Arcade Attendant
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Ive been working on an awesome plat former with ninjas :) check the link in my sig.

But some recent ones ive been playing on the ipad are Max and the Magic Marker and Speedrun. Soosiz is also a great game.

16. natejeevas

natejeevas Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Student
    Not USA
    f r o g a t t o

17. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=1694241#post1694241

18. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Was Frogatto pulled from the App Store? I wanted to check it out after so many people mentioned it here, but it's not turning up in the search.