Official ELIMINATE Thread - 4 Player Online FPS [Will be FREE] [APPROVED]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mjmoco, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

TouchArcade asks, will you download ELIMINATE?

1. Yes

466 vote(s)
    91.0%
  2. No

24 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. Don't know yet

22 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    lets spam it up 5000 over there guys =)

the post counts gonna be something like this:
    guy who made it: first post
    xdanleex: next 4998 posts
    kunning: 5000th post

2. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Wait, what? I got the 5,000th post? LOL, that's pretty funny.

3. richrdp02

richrdp02 Member

Jan 4, 2009
    do you guys realize that Eliminate, which was first presented to us as a game called "LiveFire" at the 3.0 event, was originally announced on Mar 17? It was highly anticipated, and now, 218 days and 5000 thread posts later, we are still waiting for it to come out.
    I was just thinking.... how epic would it be if this game was a fail? if the multiplayer was glitchy and slow, the game kept crashing, the controls were simply terrible, and the entire TA community hated it?
    i'm pretty sure that it would qualify us as the biggest idiots of all time.

4. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

You're not an idiot to expect games to be solid, enjoyable, and crash-free. The unfortunate part is that so few games are below par on this platform, we wait despatately for the few that promise to be what we hope games should be in the first place.

5. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    #5005 UndeadZed, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
  6. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I can't bother to see if this has been posted or not but here goes.
    Freeverse thinks that in-app purchases do affect the top grossing list.
    "Their Flick Fishing app is behind their Top Gun app in the regular sales list, but their relative positions are flipped in the top-grossing list, which indicates that the top-grossing list takes in-app purchasing sales into account. This, in turn, means that free apps which offer in-app purchasing will be eligible for the top-grossing list.

(We’re left to suss this out for ourselves because Apple does not state how the top-grossing apps list is compiled.)" - Daring Fireball

This means that if DLC in Eliminate does well it will show up in the top grossing list which would provide a lot of insight into how well this new pricing scheme will work.

7. binglenozumi

binglenozumi Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Hong Kong
    I guess Apple and some developer are interested to see will DLC works and Eliminate can be a gopd tryout spot

8. str1f3

str1f3 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    #5008 str1f3, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
    The only way I see it having problem is if there were not enough servers. Since the game is free, everyone will download it and that's a lot of iPhone and iPod touch users. Since they took this long, I would figure the game has been refined and the videos on toucharcade seemed to back that up.

To me it is interesting as this is really the first online FPS for this platform and looks graphically demanding as well. If Eliminate is really successful with this model, I could see a whole bunch of devs trying to push for the same thing. It would be nice to see a company like EA have a more online presence with this platform. Potentially, Eliminate has the chance to be the defining game for this platform.

9. deiden26

deiden26 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    You know what I wish this game had? an outdoors level with natural boundaries. Something about seeing the sky above you makes a level seem much more open and well done. This is impossible though due to the premise...

10. binglenozumi

Oct 15, 2009
    Hong Kong
    Guess this is hard to be done on home console as well....
    If you are after HD quality

11. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    im again curious, if your character wants to change guns, can it?

12. iMick

iMick Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Student
    The Netherlands
    Not when you are in a deathmatch, but you can change outside of matches.

13. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    You can carry two guns into battle and switch between them freely

14. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    thanks for answering

15. binglenozumi

Oct 15, 2009
    Hong Kong
    anyone think will be today morning (10am in Cupertino time??) to have both apps appearing? If counting 14 days...

16. Ash

Ash Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    sydney Australia
    Crossing my fingers!

17. Andi.Rdn

Andi.Rdn Active Member

Oct 12, 2009
    where is that game? Who at Apple is reviewing this? I know where your car is parked! :D

18. expandin

expandin Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    ELIMINATE's lobby
    At least we know it's not the silver SLK without license plate :)
    http://www.iphonesavior.com/2008/09/steve-jobs-barc.html
    So we can exclude that :)
    Just kidding... they must have a reason for the approval to take that long...I'm telling that to me right now...there MUST be one..:)

19. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    lol thats funny expandin. i read that page..i think i believe the "ppl steal his license plates as souvenirs" idea. makes sense to me..i would totally steal his license plates too..lol.

on a separate [on-topic] note, i believe today is the 14th day since submission. so it has to be coming soon, if not by the end of this week, then def early next week [hopefully]

20. cubytes

cubytes Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    is it out yet? nope! how bout now? notta! how long is it going to be? i have no clue! seriously? yup! why you keep answering your own questions? idk! shhhhh everyone be quiet im trying to talk to myself here!

anyways......looks like a sweeet product it started as an ambitious plan now it has an innovative business model and the best part is that its free imagine that! I can't wait for this to come out and i haven't stated that publicly for any game EVER, this is a first! don't let me down ngmoco :)

D