Universal Ulterior - [Thinking outside the Box] - 10 Beta Testers Wanted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by antony.thai, Apr 15, 2016.

1. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

#1 antony.thai, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

Ulterior is a unique take of "thinking outside the box" which make you to think differently, unconventionally, or from a new perspective. Ulterior will give you a completely different experience in this genre like no other (this is promised!).

Grab the iPhone (or iPad) and consider it as the key to solve our 50 levels while enjoying "your creative thinking" after solving each level (in case you can actually get over it).

We don't have a gameplay video cos it should reveal the answer, we have some graphic works and screenshot instead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This game is close with the release date so we really need some beta tester since we don't have enough devices for testing and we want to see if there're something not best yet in the app. Please send me a PM with your TestFlight Id if you like Ulterior.

Beta Tester's Requirements:

- Loving game/puzzle with creative thinking!
    - Device: iPhone5/5s/6/6+/6s/6s+/5se (any of those devices since the game is still unstable on iPad).

Best Regards!

2. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Looks like some addicting fun! Thanks for the heads up on this. :)

3. antony.thai

This is the weirdest game that I ever did (I'm actually the designer of this game too). I'm so confusing if it can be accepted by player or not since it's really weird so far. :p

4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    So I'm playing the game and gotta say never in my life have I played a game like this... In a good way.
    There aren't any instructions So u hav to figure everything out on your own.
    I'm on the hacker part for twenty minutes and cannot for the life of me figure it out.
    There isn't a pause or menu button.
    When this happens I want to quit because I'm stuck I think there should be a hint button of some sort . Maybe u can use it once per play or once per puzzle and To get more watch a video or pay for some hints .
    I literally can't figure anything out. I touched all over the screen. I tried pulling him down. Swiping everywhere .
    But I still like it. Very different and creative

5. antony.thai

Yes, that's what I'm worrying since there're so many levels could prevent player to goes on.

Pause/Menu Button will be implement later by tapping the top bar. (I'm wanting to have the UI as simple as possible).

6. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Right I understand . I'm just getting stuck for too long on each puzzle and nothing to help or guide me on how to find the right answer .

7. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    If you still need beta work count me in.
    When you can use it on iPad anyway.

8. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Reno, NV
    I think this game will be accepted with open arms. And the fact you worked on it is pretty rad. I love to figure out simple and complex puzzles.

9. antony.thai

Yes, can you send me your TestFlight ID? Thank you in advance for your help.

10. I'm intrigued...

11. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Actually thought of you when I played this earlier.

12. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    There're still some free beta tester slots available. Will you want to join with us?

13. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Reno, NV
    Damn that Hacker level. I keep going back to see if a fresh mind will pass it. Nope not yet. Running great on 6s+ via iOS beta.

14. MinhMinh

MinhMinh Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2015
    HCMC
    While first checking this game, I almost give up at the Hacker Level. But once a mate in the team told me how to solve it, it's really a surprise and I know how "thinking outside the box"actually is.

I also found that this idea is also available at a game called "Progress", but Ulterior has another feeling while giving me a situation to think for a solution.

15. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm sure there was another game that used this as well.... I had to ask for a solution for this one too, but now I'm stuck again on the next level!

Password??????

16. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Wow, did you pass this level?

17. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Reno, NV
    If you guys look at the image at the beginning of this thread they have a screenshot of the password level. I looked at it after feeling crazy touching buttons. The screenshot here gave me a hint..

18. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Did anyone pass first 10 levels? :D

19. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    wow, this one looks interesting, wanna try this andre if, of course there is some slot left :)

20. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Of course yes, redribbon. I sent a message to you, did your read it?