Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-24-2014, 08:13 PM

Thanks for the impressions and suggestions everyone I hope you all enjoy the game, can't wait to get some more advanced game impressions, world 3, which I think will make some people's blood boil from rage at some points

As for leaderboards, I decided that it will be bosses, cumulative time, i've tried that before on a previous game and it seems people are much less competitive, VS what I think people will do with boss time leaderboards.

Hopefully I can be done with this update before 1.2 releases, and ship it that day. Working on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Finally had a chance to have a play and I really love what I've played so far, I will certainly be picking it up in android too, once I figure the play store out.

The controls work perfectly for me, but the option to resize buttons is nice, gamecentre would be a brilliant addition, esp as others have said for either individual times or the whole lot, I've just been whizzing through but I'm going to go back to the start and collect everything now.

I got it totally wrong with the keyword thing and I apologise for that, the game is definitely worth a look.
I'm glad you enjoy the game, no problem about keyword thing, I should have known / researched this a bit better too, in a few days they'll be gone too, nice clean title.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:34 PM

I eagerly await all updates and have to admit I'm enjoying this more than Shadow Blade
Old 02-24-2014, 10:17 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

An awesome game! Even though theres alot of promo codes to get it free, im still happy i got it when i did. Highly recommended!
Old 02-24-2014, 10:36 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

I got a code from cloudpuff and I'm checking in to give impressions.

It's a fairly decent 2D platformer where you go through maze-like stages to get from point A to B in the fastest time possible while avoiding all manners of traps like turrets, trip spikes and mines. It's even got demons and more spread across 3 chapters. Personally, the controls took a bit of getting used to on my iPhone 5 and I had to resize it up to really feel at home (as compared to other titles where the default was perfect like the recent Ava's Quest or Shadow Blade). The mostly balanced stages take roughly half a minute to finish and can take just a little over 10 seconds once you figure out what to do. Till then, you'll probably die a couple times from some nasty traps and literally paint the stage red with your blood; a nice visceral touch. Bosses are bigger than your tiny ninja and have familiar mechanics complete with that contra-like shiny red weak spot.

Unfortunately, you only get to use shurikens. No sword slashing. You can however get laser eyes. To add some more fun and replayability, once you beat a stage, you can go back and use various ki powers (passives). You unlock 18 powers from collecting lightning bolts hidden in each stage ranging from double jumps, to god mode.

This first release does not have game center support but the dev is very open to implementing it.

This or Shadow Blade? Shadow Blade has fancier polished graphics but they've got enough to set them apart from each other. Epic Ninja Game has more in terms of replayability with your best clear times being stored and has unlockable powers. Plus it's got a couple of boss fights. Shadow Blade does have that great ninja feel of stealthily slashing up some baddies in the way (though not an emphasis) and feels more organic overall but once you get the 3 stars, it's over.

Suggestions for the leaderboards:
- Total time - chapter 1 (no ki)
- Total time - chapter 1 (with ki)
- Total time - chapter 2 (no ki)
- Total time - chapter 2 (with ki)
- Total time - chapter 3 (no ki)
- Total time - chapter 3 (with ki)
- Total time - all levels (no ki)
- Total time - all levels (with ki)
** total lightning bolts wouldn't really be that great a board IMO.
** consider another leaderboard for reversed stages

Suggestions to improving the user experience:
- Access to settings menu from the pause menu
- Level select directly from pausing
- Add a way to pan the camera a bit to see lower or higher platforms
- Indicator for hitpoints
- Not sure I like 'hold to wall jump'. Option to turn hold off and keep it as taps?
- Make the mines stand out a little bit more

Gameplay video to follow.

Last edited by Echoen; 02-24-2014 at 11:27 PM..
Old 02-24-2014, 11:01 PM

I'm going to keep this simple.
This is one of my favorite platformers on iOS.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:52 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 02-25-2014, 01:51 PM

Thanks for impressions and comments all, awesome stuff, I'm glad most of you love the game!

Still working hard on 1.3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoen View Post
YouTube: video
Awesome video, it's really fun to see someone else play the game, differently than I do in some aspects

Edit: I will use alot of the ideas mentioned in this thread in the update, thanks all, for that

Last edited by PixelStomper; 02-25-2014 at 03:44 PM..
Old 03-07-2014, 06:52 PM

Hello All!

A free version of Epic Ninja Game, which is a demo to upsale the paid version that released on feb 20th is now available!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/epic-ninja-game-free/id793364942?mt=8

No inapp purchases either, try out Epic Ninja Game now!

Reviews are greatly appreciated if you like the game