Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-22-2013, 05:00 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist View Post
Since I wanted to get at least my dollar's worth out of this investment, I've continued to play and have managed to complete all the 1.x levels. As LordGek mentioned, the difficulty is not a steady progression, so if you manage to get through an absurdly hard level you may encounter others that are more easily completed. This game is inherently frustrating, but the fact that I keep making attempts -- despite failing frequently -- may suggest that it's better than my first impressions suggested.
The kind of game that makes you WANT to throw your iPhone across the room...but at the same time has such a strong hold on you, you can't.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:57 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

This really looks impressive, and the impressions are much appreciated. I've definitely got my eye on this one.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:09 AM

Hi guys.
I'm the main designer of the game, i first wanted to say that i' glad you enjoy it. This is my first self-published game / original IP, so this game is kind of a big experiment for me and my collegues.

I wanted to comment on the difficulty.
It may come as a surprise, but it wasn't really intended at all for the game ( and level 1.3 in particular ) to come across as difficult. I admit we only playtested it on a very small group of friends.
The difficulty, at the time, seemed quite fair to us. For example, level 1.3 that's supposed to teach players about the "timer" special cube was designed with a short time limit to force the player to use the special cubes to complete the level. That made sense in my head. But now I realize i was wrong, and that maybe tutorials levels shouldn't be that punitive. I'm still learning, and level design/balance in this kind of game is tricky.
We published recently a new version of the game with other difficulty levels ( generally more time the easier you go ).
Your reactions are very interesting to me and I hope you keep playing the game.

Super secret gameplay tip :
The music synchronisation not only gives you more points, but also improve the "quality" of the special cubes that spawn. For instance, in level 1.3, if you synchronize every combo, you'll get a lot more "timer" special cubes than if you don't. That's never really explained in the tutorials ( and tutorials themselves are not that great ). In later levels, with more variety of special cubes, you'll get more "/2" or "bomb" and less "x2".
The synchronisation is essential if you want to score a lot of points.

Well, we'll work harder on tutorials/level design in our future games.

Once again, thanks for playing !
Old 07-12-2013, 01:04 AM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Now FREE for the first time and for a limited time! Great game. Thanks!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:55 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by uluiq12 View Post
Hi guys.
I'm the main designer of the game, i first wanted to say that i' glad you enjoy it. This is my first self-published game / original IP, so this game is kind of a big experiment for me and my collegues.

I wanted to comment on the difficulty.
It may come as a surprise, but it wasn't really intended at all for the game ( and level 1.3 in particular ) to come across as difficult. I admit we only playtested it on a very small group of friends.
The difficulty, at the time, seemed quite fair to us. For example, level 1.3 that's supposed to teach players about the "timer" special cube was designed with a short time limit to force the player to use the special cubes to complete the level. That made sense in my head. But now I realize i was wrong, and that maybe tutorials levels shouldn't be that punitive. I'm still learning, and level design/balance in this kind of game is tricky.
We published recently a new version of the game with other difficulty levels ( generally more time the easier you go ).
Your reactions are very interesting to me and I hope you keep playing the game.

Super secret gameplay tip :
The music synchronisation not only gives you more points, but also improve the "quality" of the special cubes that spawn. For instance, in level 1.3, if you synchronize every combo, you'll get a lot more "timer" special cubes than if you don't. That's never really explained in the tutorials ( and tutorials themselves are not that great ). In later levels, with more variety of special cubes, you'll get more "/2" or "bomb" and less "x2".
The synchronisation is essential if you want to score a lot of points.

Well, we'll work harder on tutorials/level design in our future games.

Once again, thanks for playing !
Wow, that's HUGE, thanks for the tip! I never got how big syncing up to the music was.

As I turn off the music in most games, this one was no exception and I soon realized you guys still show the beat graphically so I can just watch for when the perfect time to let go of my group.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:19 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

I'm enjoying the game, thanks. I also usually play without volume, so the visual cue is appreciated.