Universal The Blockheads - (by Majic Jungle Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Someone is furious that they compared 2 games together. Cute.

2. brucehoult

brucehoult New Member

Jan 10, 2013
    As the UI is OpenGL it probably wouldn't be hard to port the game itself to Android, but that wouldn't let you do cross platform multiplayer because it's done using Apple's Game Center.

Big company that they are, I suspect Majic Jungle would rather concentrate on iOS.

3. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm

To me, junk jack is in the same league as minecraft, and its 2d.. Possibly even better than miney. But I've only played the iOS minecraft so I could be biased. I sank way more hours into junk jack than I did minecraft pocket edition, and I paid like $9 for minecraft and not even half that for junkie.

Ill give this one a go. I was going to ignore it when I thought it was just a junk jack clone, but the hunger bars interest me. Could be a nice new sims spin on minecraft.

4. jeanreno

jeanreno Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nothing will ever beat Crafted.

Kidding aside, this is a fantastic game so far, I really like the control scheme. However, I keep placing blocks instead of moving - need to get used to that!

5. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    Oh I'm excited! I'm still lookin forward to Topia getting updated, but the more the merrier!

6. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Downloading..

7. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Why don't the timer bars count down when you close the app like the rest of the time management games on the App Store?

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Because it doesn't take that long I guess

9. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Some of the crafting takes ages

10. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Freemium.

I'm out.

11. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I'm liking this but the waiting is killing me, might grab junk jack when it gets widescreen support.

12. Acceleroto

Acceleroto Well-Known Member

I was lucky enough to be a beta tester for The Blockheads. I can't rave about it enough. The controls are great (just click where you want to go or what you want to do). The crafting progress you make is really engaging. Digging/mining and building stuff is really cool (I just built a skyscraper).

I'm a game developer too & the game dev "sickness" is that we typically only play a few minutes of any game then move on. I keep playing The Blockheads and I love it. It's a brilliantly designed and very polished game. Get it!

13. decabao

decabao Member

Dec 15, 2012
    I don't really get into the game.

14. NekroWolfen

NekroWolfen Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Started playing, looks cool, but have someone reached far without buying anything with real money? I don't wan't to get too excited and find myself with a IAP wall.

15. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I'm taking it that as you can mine time crystal ore in the game that once you get to that point you can make your own time crystals.

Ill clarify this as soon as I get to that point !

I bought the IAP to permanently halve crafting time to support the devs and halve my need for crystals.

Amazing game I'm hooked !

16. fybaton

fybaton Member

May 16, 2012
    Just started playing but I have to say I really like the control scheme. I love Junk Jack but this control scheme works so much better for touch. Great job dev!

17. NekroWolfen

NekroWolfen Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Awesome! The game is quite addicting.

18. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I like that I can select a bunch of areas and just watch the character hack away.

19. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I agree with what someone else said, I can't really get into this one. I'm sure to keep playing it due to it's potential popularity but right now it's just eh for me. I'm not really into the qeueing method of games, I like controlling my characters fully, but that's personal preference.

That said, the game is executed perfectly for what it is meant to be. I haven't been able to get an online match yet but that's probably due to it just being released. The devs did well for what it is. One problem I've had is that I have had a bunch of crashes already on my iPhone 4 5.1.1
    Despite this, I have had an okay time playing the game. I think once Growtopia comes out I'll move on to that, since I had a great time playing it on Android.

20. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    On the portal it says that you can warp in block heads. What does that do?