Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-11-2014, 07:51 AM

Yep this is a fun game and yes it does have iap but you dont have to spend a penny if you have some skill and patience think its better than golfstar
Old 06-11-2014, 04:57 PM

Iphone 4 not supported? Tried to load it up and was told my device was not compatible?
Old 06-12-2014, 07:32 PM

Played this on iPhone and it worked fine, then tried it on iPad and the swing is wildly off. No matter how straight I swipe it randomly is going far left or right and even out of bounds. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 06-12-2014, 07:50 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClaff View Post
Played this on iPhone and it worked fine, then tried it on iPad and the swing is wildly off. No matter how straight I swipe it randomly is going far left or right and even out of bounds. Anyone else having this problem?
I tried the game just to see. And honestly I'm gonna delete it right now but from my brief time with it I would guess you are bringing the swing back too far (holding too long before up swipe) so accuracy goes down a lot. Try do the up swipe as soon as the power curve goes green or before.

What I don't like is the mad swiping so you can put spin on the ball just before it lands... Completely bizzarely unrealistic.

And it has "helpers" you can use (for currency of course) including sticky ball. WTF. What else will they have later? Magnet to the hole? Remote control robot ball for putting? What else would fools buy to cheat at being good EA?! Throw it in there as well!

I'm beyond the point of never wanting to even check out any EA games any more. They have utterly lost the poly for my generation of gamers. Screw it if this is the way it's going!!
Old 06-18-2014, 01:25 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/King+of+the+Course/review.asp?c=60102

I completely agree with PG's review. It could be a great casual golf game but the weird randomness of the "after touch" ball spinning mechanic just about ruins it.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:55 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Grrr...anyone get past level 63 without boosts?
Old 06-30-2014, 06:36 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

This is strange. Did EA take out the timers in this game? I have no timers and the bar has an infinity sign and says "full". I was just trying this out as I was frustrated by puzzle quest's true healing fiasco. This was a nice surprise!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:28 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I have the same thing which has just made this game much, much better. Does seem strange but maybe people just weren't downloading it due to the timers?

EDIT: Scratch that, the timers are back. So annoying...

Last edited by Buss1985; 06-30-2014 at 11:42 AM..
Old 06-30-2014, 09:07 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Argh. Agreed. The timers are back. Too bad - it was actually somewhat fun playing this past weekend. I wonder if it was a glitch or EA's attempt to get more people to play the game. If it was the latter, there was no advertising of it. Too bad. This game could be fun in a Hot Shots sort of way, but not in its current iteration.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:54 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Well lookee here. EA actually advertising this weekend (at least on the game) that it's a free weekend with unlimited play. I guess I'll play this game for another weekend!