Disjoint - A puzzle game of triangles and treasure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by disjoint, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disjoint

disjoint Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Canada
    #1 disjoint, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    UPDATE: We're now live!!! Go check out our official post

Disjoint is a story-rich puzzle game that follows the unlikely friendship of a pig and a hobo who are working together to find treasure. THE WHOLE STORY RHYMES

Rearrange triangles into new shapes in the least moves possible - the catch is, a triangle can only move if it’s touching another triangle. The triangles are connected at the points - like hinges, so they can only move by swinging around each other.

Disjoint is coming late Fall 2017!

Gameplay Video

Screenshots
    [​IMG]
    The game starts of simple and works it’s way up in complexity. We’re super proud of how well planned the game is. Each level teaches you something. By the time you finish, you’ll be a master!

[​IMG]
    Our most innovative mechanic is transferring between 2D and 3D. Using illusions in 3D space, you can hide cubes behind each other to create and destroy triangles.

[​IMG]
    I’ve always felt a little disappointed with storytelling in mobile games (some exceptions, obviously), so we took a stab at creating a really easy to read, memorable story. These are our main characters - quirky, hilarious and lovable.

[​IMG]
    Every panel is connected to make a long, continous comic.

[​IMG]
    I love Super Mario World and was inspired to make a super sweet world map. Scroll through 9 different worlds, each unique and beautiful.

About us
    • Kyle Nissen: Former world champion Aerials skier and Canadian Olympian. Has his own Wikipedia page.
    • Robert MacKinnon: University of Alberta swim-team captain. Former Canadian national-level swimmer.
    • Stephen Huang: Allergic to pollen and grass. Enjoys a good nap.

Long time friends from Calgary, Alberta, we are CopperBrain working part time on our very first game :)

BETA TESTERS WANTED
    Like what you see? Sign up for our beta test!

Social media? You bet!
    Site | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

2. gamingaficionado

gamingaficionado Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    i actually bounced my ass on my chair in sync with the music throughout the whole thing. did not want the song to end.

regarding the puzzle itself, you got a day-one buyer right here. people are still finding new ways to make others play with simple shapes; from boxboy, to yankai peak/triangle. the mechanic is interesting and the puzzles look like they can become super challenging later on.

looking forward to it!

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Looks like a lot of fun, keep it up, gonna download on day one.

4. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    This looks really good! The style reminds me a lot of the Dots games, which is a great thing, IMO. I love a good world map, and a good, simple story, so this should be a treat!

5. Beth

Beth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 29, 2014
    Professional do-nothing'er
    Eastern usa
    Love the Super Mario inspired map, the story aspect also looks fab....I'm all about the story not being novel length text/cut scenes ....
    Of course the gameplay is what really intrigues me, really new & different....totally psyched for this.
    The overall ascetic is really pleasing to look at ...love the art/graphics :)

6. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    The game is out and it’s great fun, now if anybody could make a proper thread on the released forum that would be awesome.

7. disjoint

disjoint Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Canada
    We're on it!!!

8. disjoint

disjoint Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Canada