Red Conquest thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by LostLegend, Jun 26, 2010.

1. All Red Conquest discussion.

I really like this game, with its micromanagement capabilities... The problem is the lack of online...
    Yes, the game HAS an online option but the north America server never has anyone in it. And now I see no server at all...
    What's going on here?

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    You are correct, right where its always been since 12-11-09:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=36836&highlight=conquest

Found via a search. It's ok to post in long standing threads.

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    anyway hope this gets optimized for the new iPhone's display, it'd look..really cool :eek:

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    up for a 1vs1?

5. Oh sorry, thought that other thread was too outdated. Never mind.
    And I can't find any servers anymore, so I can't even go online...

I find Green to be most powerful (using Skirmish)

And this game would be ok on an ipad! Considering the multi-touch an that you don't have muh space foe fingers on an ipod screen...

6. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    I hope so... sharper... crisp... and due to the insane resolution little fighters look stunning... BTW I have chat with John and he said that his team is working on two projects that he said we would be seeing soon. He said we would see at least one of them before Red Conquest Ep 3 comes out. (This was at least two months ago so hopefully we hear some more soon.)

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    lol wtf hows that possible?

and yeah green owns still even after the update.

8. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Hi everyone,

Though I am not the developer at all this is by far my favorite game for the iPhone. To clear a couple of things, I've played online play for A LOT when it came out and even after the update and Blue seems to be the strongest faction. Green can be defeated by blue early and even late game. And Red can only beat Blue with numbers but that's very hard Blue has a clear advantage. However John is working on it.

Another thing, I posted on the main thread about the support for this game even suggesting some things he could do. All he replied was that he was going to really focus on Episode 3 of this game and fix bugs etc. That way when Episode 3 comes out, he'll have tons of features and it will attract new players, along with "basic" control scheme and a better multiplayer matchup.

As for something regarding strategy....for small maps as Blue, Build two carriers first, micro mangage your units to surround your opponent. Then have the two carriers start building cruisers. If done properly, your other units will shield the crusierrs and deal massive damage.

As red, just spam the carriers and micromanage your units well, focus on smaller untis first since you'll damage their support and then focus on main base

As green, make your carrier and manage to stay at a safe distance, then get a MV and attack while protecting your MV, have your carrier make battleships simultaneously

Thanks guys for showing support for Red Conquest which in my opinion is the best and most awesome game EVER.

9. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    oh yea and servers go offline but then they come back on. Weird huh

10. Still waiting for a server to show up :/

11. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Just updated for iOS 9 compatibility.

This game has remained on my phone for 6-7 years for a reason - one of the most spectacularly complex RTSes I've seen. With a phenomenal back story to boot.

Astounding support from the dev - please consider picking this up!

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Was pleasantly surprised to see all the Blue / Red games update!

Maybe it's time to move to iOS9...