Universal Bean's Quest (by Kumobius)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Jul 17, 2011.

1. tocameelarcade

tocameelarcade Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    this xD! I think that having that in achievements is fun :)!

2. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #162 Matt33, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
    Aaahhh I just overtook world 1 by completing level 3 with 9 jumps. 89 jumps :cool:

Edit: Just shaved off a jump from world 2 in case zzymyn comes after me with a vengeance xD Now I'm down to 168; I'm fairly confident that's the max, but a 13 on cliff top tricks is so taunting..

Also dropped 1 from world 3, that's now 89 as well. Not as confident in that number, but must be really solid.

3. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Lol I'm trying the same level on world 1. Man it's tough!! I can barely make 12 let alone 9!!!

4. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    The update is drawing near, the new stuff has been implemented into game center. Can't wait!

5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    #165 slewis7, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
    I have finished all of the levels in the first world, The Grasslands, but the second world, Crystal,Peaks, remains locked for me. Can anyone tell me what the requirement to unlock further worlds are? TIA...

Edit: Oops, nevermind. I still have to get level 8 and hopefully that will unlock the next world.

6. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    #166 knoids, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
    Where is the update?

You guys said November 2011, and now it is January 2012!

7. tocameelarcade

tocameelarcade Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    :) frijol saltarin :p

8. Mr Kumobius

Mr Kumobius Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Hey Knoids,

This update adds a lot more content than any of our previous free updates. It's taken longer than expected but I think when it comes out you'll be pretty happy with all the features we've added.

Matt33 is right, it's close :)

tocameelarcade, lol

9. Mr Kumobius

Patreon Indie

Hey everyone!

Just a heads up, the final update for Bean's Quest is coming next week: 2nd Feb.

Here's some earlier, in-development footage of the final update. Showing footage from all 5 worlds. You'll see more details emerge as we approach the release.

10. JarvisJackrabbit

JarvisJackrabbit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    This looks marvelous! This would seem to be a fantastic update to an already awesome game.

11. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Just noticed the update is out, adding a fourth world and completing the game. This makes it both an almost incredible anomaly in that the developers actually completely fulfilled their promise after initially releasing an unfinished (content-wise) game, as well as quite simply one of the best games on the app store.

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wow, it actually won't get any more updates? That's weird. I've never seen a game actually gotten complete :p

13. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Well, that's just what it said in the notes. Might only mean last "major content" update though. I expect the dev will be by soon enough to clarify.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I went over the first few pages of this thread looking for my posts (completely forgot I was the first to post in here other than the TC :p) and it's hilarious how I went back and forth with "get this, don't get this, get this, don't get this...OH HELL, THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST PLATFORMERS ON THE APP STORE!". All these months later, next to The Last Rocket, this was the best $2.99 I spent on the App Store and I'm glad I took the plunge, rather than waiting for a sale. Kumbios absolutely delivered on all fronts and I'm glad to say I was among their first supporters. Even if Bean's Quest never gets another update, this one's staying on each and every iDevice I ever get. Classic.

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^Agree with that, its a great game, didnt think i would like a platform game with the character jumping all the time but obviously works perfectly in this game. Well worth the money, great polished game

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Holy cow, thanks for the awesome update. The game's definitely come far.

17. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I also think, this is the best platformer in the store. Cool character, unique gameplay, perfect presentation (sound and graphics are a bliss), simple yet great controls, now great content and tons of heart. It's all in there. So, if you slightly like platformers, GET THIS GAME.

18. Mr Kumobius

Patreon Indie

Hi Gabrien, it's a major content update but probably the last. For a few different reasons. 1, it finishes off the story (yes there was actually a story :) and Emilio has his confrontation with the wizard Malmagoz - play it through and you'll enjoy the final battle and ending.

2, we never wanted to go beyond the app store's 20MB limit for downloading over 3G connections and we're at that point now. If we continue the story of Emilio (we have ideas of course ;) then we'll do it with a sequel.

Also guys, just to clarify. It's actually TWO new worlds, 23 new stages altogether when counting the boss. This expands the stage count to 50 in total. Nearly doubling the game length.

Also Gabrien, very proud to be an anomaly, we always intended to complete Bean's story.

19. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Awesome. This is exactly how you build a loyal following on the app store. Look forward to whatever you guys come up with next.

20. Mr Kumobius

Patreon Indie

Thanks man, we're working on it.

Speaking of things we come up with next... we just recently took part in the Global Game Jam this past weekend and made a game within 48 hours. It's free for PC and Mac. You can check it out here:

http://www.kumobius.com/omeletteboris/

It's a physics puzzler, and amazingly, we won the local competition! Both the grand prize from the judges and the public's choice award here in Melbourne, Australia - where we are based. If you like the game let us know :)