Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-18-2013, 06:58 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruteFarce View Post
Thanks for the follow-up!

For that objective:

-Max
Nevermind, I just got it. It is very! Very! Difficult to get, because it doesn't always register if you go into flame mode JUST before you pick up the token.

Now my big question is this, what do these objectives accomplish? There seems to be no other power ups, or anything that shifts the gameplay, or is there something later on?

Last edited by andsoitgoes; 07-18-2013 at 07:10 PM..
Old 07-18-2013, 07:48 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Nevermind, I just got it. It is very! Very! Difficult to get, because it doesn't always register if you go into flame mode JUST before you pick up the token.

Now my big question is this, what do these objectives accomplish? There seems to be no other power ups, or anything that shifts the gameplay, or is there something later on?
Every set of 4 objectives you complete unfreezes a portion of Birdtown. Swipe over from the score screen to the Birdtown screen if you missed the cinematic (you can also tap the Birdtown banner to replay the effects).

-Max
Old 07-19-2013, 07:04 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Btw, some GameCenter features that we have in Flyro that seem to be fairly unique are improvements to how you can view the rankings. I didn't like how GC made it tedious to find your actual rank and uses dubious percentages all over the place.

So when you load up the global score list in Flyro, it loads to your exact rank position so that you can immediately see where you stand and compare yourself to the nearby players. It also highlights your friends if you come across them in the standings.

In our friends tab it shows yourself along with all of your GC friends as well as their current global and weekly score rankings. Just to make it easier to confirm bragging rights

Any of these GameCenter features seem appealing? Any suggestions for improvements?

-Max
Old 07-19-2013, 07:22 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Every set of 4 objectives you complete unfreezes a portion of Birdtown. Swipe over from the score screen to the Birdtown screen if you missed the cinematic (you can also tap the Birdtown banner to replay the effects).

-Max
Thanks for the clarification since this isn't very obvious. While I enjoy the gameplay, I was getting bored with the same scenery over and over again and not really feeling that sense of accomplishment one feels when playing a game that shows progression along a map at the end of a level (whether once gets all "three stars" or not, as an example). Here, it seems our "levels" are defined by perfectly completing 4 objectives in a row...which aren't always easily accomplished or understood, see "Edit" below. I'm not sure I completely agree with your choice for level progression game mechanic, but Flyto will continue to remain on my iPhone for now.

EDIT:
Please explain more clearly what must be accomplished with the "Cloud Touchin'" objective. I think I've nailed it a few times, only for it not to be labeled as complete.

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 07-19-2013 at 08:39 AM..
Old 07-19-2013, 09:59 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Cloud Touchin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Please explain more clearly what must be accomplished with the "Cloud Touchin'" objective. I think I've nailed it a few times, only for it not to be labeled as complete.
Hi ColeDaddy, Greg here (the other half of Brute Farce). For the Cloud Touchin' objective: •••Spoiler:  You have to be at 2x multiplier or higher, you can't miss any coin sequences, and your objective meter also depletes quickly any time you're not touching the clouds. When you're collecting coins your cloud meter doesn't deplete -- we thought that wasn't fair since the 2x multiplier requirement means you can't skip coin sequences.

- Greg
Old 07-19-2013, 10:30 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Hi ColeDaddy, Greg here (the other half of Brute Farce). For the Cloud Touchin' objective:

- Greg
I'm not getting it. I've been 4x and not missing the coins being collected and having Flyro touch the clouds. Nothing. I even thought that my finger had to touch the clouds while Flyro flies in middle and that didn't work. I only resorted to the latter when the former wasn't working. (Sigh)
Old 07-19-2013, 05:50 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Are you aware of the constant crash when you try to hit the "7" in the leaderboards menu? Every time I touch it, the game crashes to springboard.

I am also not sure what the different icons are in regards to the leaderboard, and why there are leaderboards outside of gamecenter, is that just for those who are resident to GC? I don't get it.

Oh, the globe crashes me often, too.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:19 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Are you aware of the constant crash when you try to hit the "7" in the leaderboards menu? Every time I touch it, the game crashes to springboard.

I am also not sure what the different icons are in regards to the leaderboard, and why there are leaderboards outside of gamecenter, is that just for those who are resident to GC? I don't get it.

Oh, the globe crashes me often, too.
They are intermittent crashes from how some odd GC data gets handled and generally clear themselves up after 30ish minutes. I'm going to get these cleaned up ASAP. Thanks for the heads up. In the meantime, you can still access the standard GC leaderboards through the GC icon.

The different icons are a more focused way of looking at GC leaderboards. The friends icon (2 people) shows the global and weekly ranks of you and your friends. The 7 and globe icons are the weekly and overall leaderboards, respectively. They each take you to your exact rank position in the leaderboard so that you can see players near your position.

-Max

Last edited by BruteFarce; 07-19-2013 at 07:22 PM..
Old 07-19-2013, 09:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Can someone else help me with the objective noted in post #44? The dev chimed in and I believe I'm meeting them but it's just not getting solved. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:00 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Flyro happenings

Just wanted to post an update about how Flyro's been doing:

It's now in the Top 200 Apps list in the US and has been featured by Apple as a New & Noteworthy game.

Also, JayIsGames wrote a very positive review of Flyro, saying:
Quote:
"With difficulty that scales based on your skill level and a complete absence of any sort of pay-to-win gimmick, Flyro is a clear winner no matter how you look at it!"

We also received our first piece of fan art. Randy "wildbiftek" Qian titled this one "Why The Moustermind Hates Flyro":

- Greg