Universal Sid Meiers Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squabs, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    You're obviously trolling, do you even have the game?

I've been playing it since launch and not seen a single problem with my saved games.

2. Gavx

Gavx Active Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Not trolling Yes I have game and I do Refund

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While crappy your saves aren't working, this is CLEARLY not an issue for the majority of users. As long as the devs are making serious efforts to locate and fix this issue within the next month or so I'm willing to cut them some slack.

4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    the game is almost perfect pal, i haven't bugs at all... & the save system works fine!

5. Gavx

Gavx Active Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Οκ look this !!!

First i have purchased the game

Attached Files:

6. Gavx

Gavx Active Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Everythink ok Apple Refund my money :)

Guys who have the same problem Refund now !!!

My systems is Ipad 4G
    And Iphone 4

Firmware IOS 6+

7. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    No one here can give you a refund, maybe if you stop whining like a child for a moment and email apple they will oblige, because no one else can.

8. Gavx

Gavx Active Member

Jul 5, 2013
    #108 Gavx, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    I am ok...Today i get my refund from Apple. I try to protect other people to buy this crap who relesed without Testing.

This company is Unacceptable many peoples descrypt the problem on official 2kgames.com forum and none answer them !!!

9. jamiejap

jamiejap Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2013
    we need aces over Europa. And some thrilling and really amazing end missions with more planes on it.

10. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I'll admit I was very interested in the original when it released however I skipped it because before dropping the $5 to unlock the 3 campaigns I realized I still had to pay $0.99 for the British campaign and even then there were still more IAPs. :(

I much prefer this pay $5 up front business to have the complete game. Now do I want this or Pandemic first. lol

11. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    #111 iPadisGreat, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    Just download the original Ace Patrol and play right up to the paywall. That is 90% of the game. The rest are just recolours and slight stat changes to your planes. Save your money for the upcoming Christmas sales...

Also downloaded Pandemic, but haven't played yet. Too busy with doing overtime on Candy Crush Saga (can you believe the office is already level 300+? Don't these people have lives?), Plague Inc, and Lords of Waterdeep.

iPadisWaitingForSidToDoASwordofSamuraiRemake...

12. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I just did tonight but the pay wall hit pretty fast. :( Have to pay $1 to play more of the British missions. I'll be getting probably $100 minimum iTunes gift cards for the holidays plus another $25 - $50 for my birthday just one week prior to Christmas so not too worried about cash just seems like they are too similar to own both. Guess I may as we'll go for the new one.

Man I need to find time to play stuff, Drive on Moscow I'm looking at you. lol

13. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Don't misunderstand. When you hit the paywall on Ace Patrol, you HAVE already played 90% of the game. The other missions are inconsequential stuff like move that AA town two hexes to the northeast or have those clouds thicker by one hex. Stuff you won't notice because almost all the mission types are in the free part.

14. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Not sure. I play just like 5-8 missions then it says I'm being transferred to support such and such and asks if I want to keep playing the British campaign, if I accept I need to pay $1. If I don't I need to exit and if I start a campaign with anyone else it makes me pay I think $2 or $3.

Seems like a pretty cool strategy game though.

15. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    It is. Ace Patrol was great. So good that I bought every single IAP unlock. Then I realised that what I bought made up of like 10% of the game, and one of the IAPs was consumable.

The only other games that made me go, yeah, let's get more of it were the Shareware Wolfenstein and Doom.

Each campaign is the same missions only under different liveries. Only the German campaign was noticeably harder, but the missions were all the same.

Personally, I feel the graphics in Ace Patrol looked better. The sequel looks a bit weird, like it is cell shaded or something. It is also weird because you hear the Japanese pilots speaking English with a faux German accent...

16. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    The Japanese pilots' accents are quite assuredly Japanese. I agree about the graphics, though. The first game was the one using cell shading, and I think it looked a lot nicer for it.

17. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Has it been patched? I could have sworn the enemy's voices were exactly the same as in the first game...

18. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Haha thanks. Maybe I'll pass for now. I'd prefer at least a little more variety.

19. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Is this game supposed to be a non save game? I swear I saved the game but due to some erroneous moves I decided to kill app to replay.. I tried loading from save or continue last saved both empty?

20. Gavx

Gavx Active Member

Jul 5, 2013
    look my previus posts THIS IS A CRAP !!!