Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 12-28-2013, 08:09 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
The problem with you is you do make problems out of things nobody cares about and you blame it on poor optimization and whatnot. I don't know what Android device you're playing this on, but it runs buttery smooth on my Note 3 with pretty much everything turned up to 11. Either get a new device or stop playing games that run like shit on yours, because seriously; ever since you joined us over a year ago, the only thing I can recall about you is other people complaining about you derailing threads with non-stop optimization bullshit and ruining threads for others.
Thank you.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:54 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I have to agree with Sidgoku. They were many ppl in this thread complaining about bad framerates (me too) and he has a point which is truth after all.
So my brand new rMini is shitty, huh? Or is it rather the bad optimization? Guess it's the second one. Or maybe i should buy myself a last gen iPad 4 were it runs smooth?
Sry but i can't enjoy a game which is almost unplayable at 15fps in worst case scenarios.
I've already deleted it from my device and am waiting for an update which adresses this issue.
So far...it's wasted money as of now.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:56 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidgoku123 View Post
Like I said if you don't care about the framerate then don't post anything or simply ignore it.I find posting high scores on the forum pointless but do I insult others over it?
Not everyone here can enjoy a game at 24fps and not everyone can afford to buy a note 3 either.I'm playing on a quadcore phone which is on par with iphone 5 and it lags badly on it.If you are that bothered by the optimization stuff then why don't you ignore it?

You find it pointless but that doesn't make it pointless.
I suspect others should know about the port before they are purchasing it praising everything nonsensically is equal to misleading others who do read these posts...anyway how do you know that 'nobody cares about it',This blind defending of yours is pretty sad.

Is talking about the framerate derailing the thread,if so then tell me what isn't derailing the thread?
Random gifs and meme are all but ok but optimization a very relevant thing related to gameplay experience is ''bullshit"?
How much is enough nowdays anyway do I need to put in 1000$ every year to play 10 year old ports smoothly?A quadcore is somehow not enough...I can understand with android but it lags on apple devices too what happened there?
Pointing out the poor framerate is considered derailing and whatnot...So should I start spewing praises about how smoothly it runs or how the controls are perfect and having other options for controls is out of question or how playing it for long sessions without straining eyes or failing missions because of the poor framerate is possible...
Forgive me for not covering all your points, but why is framerate/optimization discussion from yourself bothering me? Because, as mentioned in my previous post...people have always been complaining about it. Not only have I been around TA way too much to notice things right off the bat, but for Christ's sake, I'm a mod...I see things other people don't see and 6 months ago you were put in time-out for disregarding a moderator's warning on this very matter.

That coupled with the fact that the entire iOS/mobile gaming world is gushing over how War Drum Studios have nailed this port, yet you say things like "Shame on you WD really you don't mess up three times in a row." and say they don't respect the game, or whatever? That's ****ing ridiculous.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:36 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Who's gushing over this port? Yeah they totally nailed this port that is if you like playing games at 20fps.Anyway having a different opinions than yours is ridiculous,I think that right there is your problem...

As far as people are considered they complain about everything they don't agree with...which doesn't change the fact that optimization is a valid topic for discussion or that's how it is all over the other sites,if TA is an exception then please let me know.
You don't get it, do you? This has nothing to do with TouchArcade (the site itself). While the admins oversee the whole thing, the forums are here because of tons and tons of people like you and me, each with our own opinions. We're free to sit and argue about our different opinions all day, but from a moderator stand-point; when said tons and tons of people are complaining about the fact that they could give half a turd about your issues with framerate and optimization (which hey, think about it...in this case are more suited for the Android sub-forum), that's where I step in. You wouldn't shut up about XCOM and that landed you in time-out, and you're still at it, just with a different game.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:44 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
"You won't shut up" doesn't apply for one comment that I made earlier...anyway is it a yes or no.
What is?
Old 01-06-2014, 01:15 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Syndicate View Post
I doubt that it's unfortunately an underpowered device a step back from a6 in triangle output,I mean if they could get the game to run smoothly they would have already done it.I suggest you save up a little money and exchange it for iphone6 when that comes out or ipad5 assuming that they aren't underpowered either...damn apple.
Not nitpicking, iPad Air is technically the iPad 5.

As for this game, it runs fine on my iPad 4, no issues here so far. And is the A7 really underpowered compared to the A6? Genuine question.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:20 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornProphet View Post
Not nitpicking, iPad Air is technically the iPad 5.

As for this game, it runs fine on my iPad 4, no issues here so far. And is the A7 really underpowered compared to the A6? Genuine question.
Hate to pull a Sidgoku, but even if it (the A7) was underpowered in some ways (I've heard the raw triangle output of the A6 is superior, but the A7 handle shaders better....?), getting a PS2 game running on modern iOS hardware shouldn't really be a problem.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Syndicate View Post
Nope ps2 was a home console specifically built for gaming all it's resources went into one function gaming.While the iphone has to perform so many other functions like calling,texting etc.You're comparing apples to oranges here.
Functions like calling and texting have no impact on gaming performance whatsoever.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:37 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

It's ofc not underpowered or slower then the A6.
The low triangle output was due to a non optimised version of the benchmark tool. (like Sidgoku said once)

Just download 3Dmark or GFXbench from the appstore, compare the iPad 4 and iPad Air/miniR results and you will see the A7 blows the A6 out of the water in every single aspect.

3Dmark is already optimised for 64bit which results in slightly better scores compared to the old 32bit version.

The A7 GPU is a whole new architectur which every game needs to be optimised for to get the most out of it. Just like the last update of Oceanhorn did on the miniR.
Before: 20-25fps
After: rocksolid 60fps

Last edited by Nekku; 01-06-2014 at 01:43 PM..