Support our Sponsors:

Old 01-15-2014, 10:36 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I respect your opinion but saying that its a proper game in my view is absolutely ridiculous. I mean theres no end point is there ? You're just building and building structures ? Just like a clever art package really. 'Technically' its a game but is it a game like the standard shooters/platformers/racer etc ?

Its amazing how popular it is but i totally dont get it, make some structure for people to see or others knock it down. 'Great'

At the end of the day you enjoy it a lot, I don't
I won't set out to change your mind or anything but...it sounds like you're most familiar with creative mode. Survival mode is a bit more goal-oriented, in that the overall "end" (or the goal assigned to an achievement called The End anyway, for what that's worth), is to (spoilers) craft a Nether Portal, collect Eyes of Ender in the Nether, then use them in the normal world to triangulate the position of your world's End Portal. That takes you to the final "boss" fight, the Ender Dragon (http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Ender_Dragon).

So there is a structure there, it's just that it's ignored by many players and consequently hasn't been much further fleshed out by Notch. If it seems like a short path, I've simplified it a bit (purely crafting a Nether Portal means mining Obsidian, which means having a diamond pickaxe, which means finding diamond...etc)
Old 01-15-2014, 10:37 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeillusion View Post
Your not going to buy an awesome game because it has no achievements? That is stupid. No one cares about your achievements. Your friends won't look. A year from now, your not going to be like , " yo I remember when I got that 5 point achievement for throwing 3 ninja stars at once! " lmfao.

But a year from now you might remember an awesome game you played & came to love.

Don't worry , I'll buy plenty of iap's to cover you. Since the dev is MISSING out on your lousy few bucks.

Your not going to enjoy someone's hard work because of GC achievements. Than you say he's missing out on your money because you don't care how great of a game is?

So. You just care about achievements? Don't worry bud. Leave this thread (:

As I said. I'll cover the dev for each one of you who says they won't play because of no GC achievement support. (:
WOW. That was completely uncalled for.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:34 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Games I don't get:

Match 3 games
Hidden object games. (I like the room escape type stuff. I just hate the 'here's a screen full of objects and a list' crap)
Minecraft and all of its clones
Street Fighter clones
Football/cricket/tennis games
Micromanagement games like The Sims
Old 01-16-2014, 02:36 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Ok I know what this thread needs.. MOAR CONTROVERSY! Hold onto your hats boys.

1. Warhammer quest- Fun for 10 min then I was over it. Im honestly not a strategy rpg fan and this just let me down. Wild I know, especially cuz I love games with looting, gearing, leveling and all stuff like that.

***Bonus strategy hate! Try not to have a heart attack guys, here it comes...I dont like Final Fantasy Tactics...I said it. Been keeping that a secret for years but its finally out.

2. Baldurs gate series- Im a huge rpg fan. Yet i dont like these. Clunky UI, too many menus, unsatisfying gameplay. What can I say, im being honest.

3. Minecraft/terreria- Just no. Never really know whats going on, always feels like work rather than play.

Enjoy.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:35 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I don't get why people review apps they haven't tried yet and say thing like " I just downloaded this but I'm sure it will be good"

I also don't get why some rpgs , like Ravensword and Kotor , have no option for a joystick . Those touch to move controls get tiring .
Old 04-02-2014, 05:52 AM

Why gyroscope aiming?
Old 04-02-2014, 06:31 AM

I don't get why $97 Japanese apps
Old 04-02-2014, 07:09 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

People who constantly download apps in the contest section just to try and win a $10 giftcard and then leave 5/5 star ratings for a crappy game.

Then a week later moan that theres so many fake reviews on the app store !!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:28 PM

Candy Crush. For me Jelly Splash was better for what it's worth.
Angry Birds. I played it for an hour and could not get into it at all.
Clash of Clans and such. It bores me to keep building my place so slowly and feel bullied to spend real money all the time. However, the game is not fun enough to warrant that, so I delete the game as fast as possible.
Platformer, reaction games and FPS. I hate the controls on my tablet for these games and I don't enjoy games that need quick reactions when I play on the iPad in general.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:41 PM
In Time-Out
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
People who constantly download apps in the contest section just to try and win a $10 giftcard and then leave 5/5 star ratings for a crappy game.

Then a week later moan that theres so many fake reviews on the app store !!
Lol, it's so true!