★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

03-02-2017, 10:09 PM
FFXV's A King's Tale is finally released to the non-preordering public. It's free right now, and is a fun classic arcade beatemup with Double Dragon style gameplay but with a few FF twists. Definitely a fun distraction.
03-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Omg Torment is so freaking good.

03-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Cannot wait for Patapon Remastered and Parappa the Rapper Remastered. Great news about Superbeat Xonic! I wonder if it will be cross trophy/cross buy.

240,000+ Game Center Achievement points
Gamecenter ID: Donny K76
PSN ID: donnydj76
Let's go Yankees!
03-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Still really loving Horizon. It's, for me, the best AAA game I've played in quite a while. It's a joy to play.
03-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Still really loving Horizon. It's, for me, the best AAA game I've played in quite a while. It's a joy to play.
I enjoy it as well and it's definitely the best looking game on ps4. That said it feels awfully familiar to play and it hurts the game for me. I played a lot of Far Cry Primal and Horizon feels like a much prettier quasi futuristic version. I'm surprised the comparison isn't made very much in the media. It's still a great triple A game I'm just having a harder time pushing through it than I ever thought I would pre-release.
03-20-2017, 02:59 AM
Just bought a PS4 for my dad's upcoming birthday. They had a great deal for the slim version last week, it was only 199€!

Now I have to test it, as his birthday is in april.

Bought Abzu & played the first two levels, this game is absolutely beautiful!
Looking forward to play it more this week!

Seems like there are a lot of indie games on sale at the moment...man, too many good games on every platform!

Broforce 4€
Child of Light 4€
Guacamelee 4€
Hotline Miami 2 3€
Nidhogg 4€
Not-A-Hero 4€
Pixeljunk 3€
Rogue Legacy 4€
Valiant Hearts 4€

Adr1ft 8€
Headlander 7€
Lovers in a dangerous spacetime 6€
Party Hard 5€
Ronin 6€
Steredenn 6€
Titan Souls 5€

Caladius Blaze 12€
Firewatch 10€
Hyper Light Drifter 11€

should I get one for myself!?

Playing: Broforce (PS4), Deep Dungeons of Doom, Desert Golfing, Outrun 2 (XBox), Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube), Tankout, Wayward Souls

Last edited by Sash-O; 03-20-2017 at 03:02 AM.
03-20-2017, 09:30 AM
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime might be my favorite local coop game. I highly recommend that. Not as great solo, but still fun.

Guacamole is amazing. Fantastic game!
03-21-2017, 07:48 AM
Regarding The Binding of Isaac Rebirth and The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth...

I have Rebirth and the Afterbirth expansion both installed. When I run the game, it automatically goes to 'Afterbirth'.

I created a new file and began playing, enjoying immensely. There is a brief storyline about the possessed mother who chases her son upstairs and into the hole

Am I somehow supposed to select Rebirth first? Or...Does Afterbirth encompass both games.

I want to play them in order.

An explanation would be highly appreciated. 😁🙏
03-21-2017, 09:26 AM
Trying to make things sound easier, is Afterbirth an update to the game where you have to beat Rebirth first? Or...does Afterbirth add features that are incorporated into the game, such as new bosses and Greed mode?

I've read Wikipedia pages and walkthroughs but still confused here...
03-22-2017, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDJ76 View Post
Trying to make things sound easier, is Afterbirth an update to the game where you have to beat Rebirth first? Or...does Afterbirth add features that are incorporated into the game, such as new bosses and Greed mode?

I've read Wikipedia pages and walkthroughs but still confused here...
I don't know the answer for sure as I've only played some of it before they added Afterbirth, but i think it's just more stuff to the game. I don't think there's an order to it.