★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-25-2015, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wicky View Post
If it was F2P I'd give this a whirl but for that much? Too risky.

Exactly the attitude we DON'T need amongst iOS gaming
02-25-2015, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wicky View Post
If it was F2P I'd give this a whirl but for that much? Too risky.
I just threw up in my mouth... And it was a burrito at lunch... Thanks for that

02-25-2015, 07:45 PM
Might grab this, but what's the IAP like?
02-25-2015, 08:09 PM
This game is awesome. It's funny, not too serious and quite clever. There's a lot to do, there's a lot of different characters, multiple gangs to joins and tricks to learn. I can't even imagine the amount of replay-ability, every game is different. For your actions you're unlocking nicknames and there's over 100 of them. You can socialize with others and learn stuff from them, every action has reaction and the story is different because of those choices. I'm currently at my first attempt, just 3 days to make my time and finish it. I'm in mobster's gang, I'm already called jerk (for stealing food from other inmates) and murderer (for multiple homicides in the showers), i'm skilled in extortion, bullying and picking up fights, I won a boxer match (by bribing the opponent, lol) and whatnot. As I said, this game's incredibly complex and fun and mostly it has a great lasting appeal. Cute visuals and whole presentation is just a cherry on top of delicious cake. Highly recommended!

Game Center / Google Play Games -> macplash
02-25-2015, 08:46 PM
Yup, this game is deep in replayability. One character with more than one possible "endings" and many lockable challenges, and to this add 100 characters!
02-25-2015, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macplash View Post
This game is awesome. It's funny, not too serious and quite clever. There's a lot to do, there's a lot of different characters, multiple gangs to joins and tricks to learn. I can't even imagine the amount of replay-ability, every game is different. For your actions you're unlocking nicknames and there's over 100 of them. You can socialize with others and learn stuff from them, every action has reaction and the story is different because of those choices. I'm currently at my first attempt, just 3 days to make my time and finish it. I'm in mobster's gang, I'm already called jerk (for stealing food from other inmates) and murderer (for multiple homicides in the showers), i'm skilled in extortion, bullying and picking up fights, I won a boxer match (by bribing the opponent, lol) and whatnot. As I said, this game's incredibly complex and fun and mostly it has a great lasting appeal. Cute visuals and whole presentation is just a cherry on top of delicious cake. Highly recommended!
Well, looks like another on the buy-list then! There was always the chance it would be absolutely terrible and I was slightly expecting it to be the case really. I mean no disrespect to the developer, just that I figured it would be a novelty riding on shock value alone.

A decent, replayable and complex roguelike is something I'm always interested in. Cheers for the impressions Macplash!
02-25-2015, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Might grab this, but what's the IAP like?
There's no IAP mate. At least not that I am aware of. It's premium no ADS no IAP.
02-25-2015, 08:59 PM
I love expensive weeks . A premium week is a good week IMO
02-25-2015, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Well, looks like another on the buy-list then! There was always the chance it would be absolutely terrible and I was slightly expecting it to be the case really. I mean no disrespect to the developer, just that I figured it would be a novelty riding on shock value alone.

A decent, replayable and complex roguelike is something I'm always interested in. Cheers for the impressions Macplash!
This. Im really on the same boat. On to the to-buy queue for me too.

Actually looks like a prison escape sim rather than a roguelike to me, but still pretty interesting.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-25-2015, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
This. Im really on the same boat. On to the to-buy queue for me too.

Actually looks like a prison escape sim rather than a roguelike to me, but still pretty interesting.

Escaping prison is one of the option. But it is not all about that. You can do it in multiple different routes. Like just serve your intended period of imprisonment. I think there's also ways to shorten the duration too by being good if I am not mistaken too. Escaping isn't an easy thing to start with too. Need tons of work like gather gangs to tag along and stuff. So you not only require the necessary skills but also to have be in good terms with certain peeps and stuff. Overall it does have a lot of depth and not just a simple try to escape prison game.