★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Frustrations

09-22-2015, 06:55 AM
Frustrations

Lets keep this thread constructive.

Obviously the biggest complaint is so much stuff being bound to your character that really shouldn't be. I picked up a heritage gun on my demon knight that I would love to be able to sell to my other character, or at least put up for sale on the auction. But no, bound. Which, I guess, means it's just vendor fodder...which just feel really really wrong. Same with crafting materials I'm struggling to obtain on my alts. Burning stacks of them at the vendor just feels gross. Obviously the suggestion for fixing this is to make more things NOT bound on pickup.

My biggest personal gripe, that isn't related to what I just mentioned, is that Nick's Lottery chests do not offer any protection against accidental taps. I was tapping my way through the laggy Dawnwatch menus and my finger errantly landed on the Legendary Chest. BOOM, there goes 180 gems. I put in a ticket but I doubt they'll give me a refund. There really should be a confirmation gate on those chests, and since there isn't one can only assume that they WANT us to accidentally blow all of our gems on them. This has happened to me twice now, first time was just an "Ooops, there goes 1000 gold, whatever." It's a little different though when it's 180 gems. So my constructive solution for this one is to add a confirmation "Are you sure?" dialogue to those chests when they're not free.

I'm probably what some would considered a "lesser whale" since I spend regularly but sparingly on the app store. I have the potential to spend a lot of money on this game, over time. I like it, I'm having fun...mostly, aside from a few gripes. I really hope customer service shines on this one.

I clearly have an app addiction.
appshopper.com/user/Nonstickron
09-23-2015, 06:28 AM
It's pretty ridiculous that it takes tapping 3-4 times to sell a stack of junk loot but a misplaced finger on a laggy menu and 180 gems go poof. Still waiting for a response to my help ticket.
09-23-2015, 07:16 AM
Gameloft customer support confirms that it's customers accidentally spending 180 gems, without any kind of confirmation, by touching the Legendary Chest when you don't intend to, is "part of the normal operation of the game". So they fully intend to screw people with that. Working as intended. >.< I'm so angry right now. I really wanted to like this game, to support it's attempt at a profitable payment model, but I cannot morally support it if Gameloft intends to be so underhanded.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Gameloft Customer Care. We are sorry to hear that you have had an issue.

Unfortunately, we cannot accept liability, or provide any compensation, for the in-game currency accidentally spent.

We would consider this functionality to be part of the normal operation of the game and we cannot be held responsible for user`s actions.

We do sorry that we cannot help on this occasion but I hope that you are able to continue enjoying our games.

Please do not hesitate to contact me again, if there is anything further we can help with in the meantime.

Best regards,

-------------------------------
Pavel
Customer Care Agent
http://www.gameloft.com/
http://support.gameloft.com/
-------------------------------

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015, rgoodrich@gmail.com wrote:

I hit the legendary chest button while jumping around the
> laggy menus. I would not have spent 180 gems on a chest by choice. Can you
> please just take the item back and refund my gems? You guys really ought
> to have a confirmation that someone actually wants to spend money/gems on
> a chest. This is the second time this has happened to me, first time was
> luckily just 1000 gold coins, no big loss. But, 180 gems due to an laggy
> menu and an errant tap?? No, that's just crap."

I clearly have an app addiction.
appshopper.com/user/Nonstickron
09-25-2015, 03:51 PM
iPhone 6s Plus error

I hope this is the right forum...

has anyone gotten an error when trying to play the game on a 6s Plus. Something like your device is not supported....I mean WTF?

It worked fine on my 5s this morning before i got a new iPhone....

Anyone else ?
09-29-2015, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstickron View Post
-snip-
And that's one of the reaons why I uninstalled this game. Every MMO should have a confirm button when pressing a button that takes your currency. Is it that hard for a message saying "Are you sure you want to purchase this item?"? Sorry that happen to you man. That's some sneaky stuff they doing. And you didn't get compensated? Smh.
10-01-2015, 06:57 AM
I won't uninstall until I've collected all the gems I paid for in the investment pack. So I'll have them if they ever fix the game to make it more fair and less frustrating.

I've gotten 3 heritage weapons in the lottery so far. The last one was actually for the correct class. I've gotten blue and purple quality recipes, all the wrong class. I've received purple armor pieces. All the wrong class. Countless high end crafting mats that are for incorrect class. And all of it bound. What a waste. How can they expect that to do anything but infuriate their customers?