iPhone Mushroom Wars - The legendary RTS, one of the “Top 25 PSN gamer” RTS coming on Jan,24

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by i-Free, Jan 21, 2013.

1. i-Free

i-Free Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    #1 i-Free, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    Initially a PlayStation®Network game, Mushroom Wars was named one of the Top 25 PlayStation®Network games of all time by IGN. Now it comes to iPad with three types of touch’n’swipe controls and several exclusive perks for iPad gamers.

A dreadful menace threatens the Mushroom Kingdom. An unknown enemy has come between the mushroom folk, and once peaceful neighbors have begun to fight one another. Play the unfolding story, lead the Mushroom Army and mediate peace in the land!

Mushroom Wars is a fast-paced RTS (real-time strategy) that brings arcade skirmish gameplay to the forefront. Defeat enemy tribes or capture key strategic locations! Increase the size of your army, complete the construction of your villages, improve your weapons, capture smith shops or hold defensive towers – it's up to you to choose your way to victory!

★ 7 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Turkish, Russian, Br. Portuguese.
    ★ Be part of a fascinating journey with a story-driven campaign.
    ★ Test your strategic thinking. Get easily acquainted with the RTS genre, or plunge into the depth of gameplay with its three difficulty settings in both layout and powers.
    ★ Challenge Facebook friends. Each week a challenge is opened for friends competing for the highest score on one map.
    ★ Three types of controls to augment player flexibility and speed of reaction; support for left-handed players.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Complete a fascinating Campaign or challenge your Facebook friends NOW!

[​IMG]

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#2 killercow, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    The psn version was well received. Looking forward to this! This gonna be an expensive week...

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Not iPod touch?

4. NoisyNinja

NoisyNinja Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Looks interesting.

5. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Hm... Well the only RTS I really latched onto was Halo Wars. I loved that game so much. And if Little King's Story and Pikmin count as pseudo-RTS games, I enjoyed those a lot too. I think I just might give this one a shot, though. It seems very cute (and I'm obviously into cute things), and has Russian and French language options! Je pourrais pratiquer mon français et ma russe, et jouer avec mes champignons à la fois même! :cool:

Это очень хорошо. :cool:

One question, though: I have experienced a few instances of a seemingly cute game becoming really difficult. I noticed one of the screenshots says something about people of all skill levels enjoying it, but just how difficult can the game get? I really am no good at thinking tactically, and that's why RTS games and I don't mix very well... unless they're based on Halo and/or have a cute aesthetic allegedly... >.>

6. NoisyNinja

NoisyNinja Member

Sep 12, 2012
    im also wondering if its only possible to play multiplayermusing facebook. No game center support?

7. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be the grammar nazi, it's "Et mon russe" and " avec mes champignons en meme temps!" :D:D:D

This Rts is more akin to galcon than halo wars though.

8. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Merci beaucoup pour m'aider avec ma grammaire française :D

Excuse me if the above statement is also riddled with French grammar mistakes :(

What is Galcon?

9. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    This was awesome on PS3, will be a double dip for sure.

10. i-Free

i-Free Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Hi Bramblett, thank you for your question. Mushroom Wars does not support iPod and iPhone devices as of now. The game needs serious adjustments and additional playtests to be an enjoyable (and predictable) RTS experience on smaller screen.

But I'd confess that we do have plans to support iPhone and iPod devices on a later stage. Unfortunately I can't give any ETA at this moment, but we'll sure keep TouchArcade forum members well informed :)

11. i-Free

i-Free Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Hi MasterChief, привет & bonjour :)

The challenge when making an RTS has always been the difficulty level. Rest assured we've put great emphasis to making a game a _gradually_ increasing challenge and tried our best to introduce the game mechanics as smoothly as possible. Together with Creat Studios we aimed to make this game an enjoyable introduction of the RTS genre to everybody, and we've put extra effort to make it playable on iPad (i.e. we introduced three types of controls for every play style). But only time and players will decide whether we succeeded or not.

I hope this game will give plenty of challenges to everybody. There are three settings: the game starts at Easy, then gradually after learning the game's essentials you'll come to Normal, and then Hard will be available (and that's a real challenge for strategists). It's always up to you what to choose: even if offered Normal as default option you can revert to Easy for practice and then challenge the Normal and Hard.

I'd be thankful if you could PM me your thoughts on game's complexity if you opt to give it a try. I'd appreciate your feedback.

Best regards,

Nadia

12. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    +1 to small screen iPod/iPhone/Universal support. Mushroom Wars looks promising.

13. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    I'd like to know this as I don't use Facebook.

14. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Merci! Thank you a lot for the input. It sounds like you have quite a good plan in place, and I do hope I take kindly to it :)

I will definitely PM you with my thoughts when I get a hold of the game :D

15. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    +2 here! Just letting you know you have potential sales. Game looks awesome. Hope we see it in the iPhone section soon. (optimized for 5 please)

16. i-Free

i-Free Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    The countdown starts at sunset! New Zealand players will be able to lay hands on Mushroom Wars very soon indeed, and for EU and US gamers it's less than a day away!

And here's an exclusive sneak peek of the Developers making a few finishing touches :)

[​IMG]