Universal Jet Car Stunts - by True Axis

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mr. Crazy, Nov 14, 2009.

1. TrueAxis

TrueAxis Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    We are working on this now... The only thing holding it up now is the server side to host the DLC and that is now been worked on :)

2. Diggins

Diggins Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    your attic
    Nah they said mid-late may which is about now-2 weeks. And that's all estimated

3. HairyPotter

HairyPotter Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    You could include it in an update, put it in the ipa file. Ridge Racer does the same, Cogs also. The in-app purchase just "unlock" the files.

4. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    We want to stay under the 20 Meg over the air download limit, so from that point of view its much better to have the DLC downloadable from a server. It has held us up for a while... but we are getting close.

5. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Ok, cool.

6. bolonypony

bolonypony Member

Feb 16, 2010
    shouldnt be more than a couple days now right??

7. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Finally bought this game... I must say I was actually really impressed. Lots of polish, great concept, and just pretty freaking cool to play :) Well done guys.

8. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    The replays(race against ghost leaderboard replays) really add a lot of enjoyment to this game. I was surprised how polished this game is too. They are one of my favorite developers now.

I think most on here are patient and know that the update will be ready when it is ready.

Good job devs on a quality game.

9. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    The timing of the DLC is a little out of our control right now, we are still organizing the delivery meathod, appart from that, it has been basically finished for a while now and I am really looking forward to getting the new levels into everybodys hands.

10. HairyPotter

HairyPotter Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    You can maybe use the freetime for the iPad version? :)

11. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Boring on Zombies ? :D

12. TrueAxis

Sep 7, 2009
    Has anybody noticed any problems with the accelerometer when they upgraded the OS firmware to 3.1.3? And maybe some performance issues on the older devices?

I just noticed that our sound engine is doing more work than it used to. I've just fixed this issue - Apple changed something in the way the Audio Unit worked which made the Audio Unit hog more cpu cycles.

Anyway, rest assured we will do an update that resolves this issue :)

13. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    No issues here...

14. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I thought we where going to have a bit of free time, but we seem super busy again instead.

15. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    if by "their sound device hogs more cycles" you mean their software mixer got crappier, then yes. everyone should build their own. it's VERY simple.

16. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    3G iPod Touch, jailbroken with 3.1.3. No issues here with sound, frame rate or accelerometer.

17. DarkeMage

DarkeMage Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    High School
    Sydney, Australia!!!
    The accelometer is fine with me..

I found the Lite Version more enjoyable, and when I got the full version I was like "meh".

18. TrueAxis

Sep 7, 2009
    I've just got the DLC level pack working from the simulator :) Next I need to do sandbox testing on the real device, then get the leaderboards and the new achievements set up in the game. Then a shit load of testing.

Also, the Lite levels will be a free download.

This is getting close now but their are a few things that are out of our hands and we are relying on outside sources.

Anyway, it looks pretty cool from the menu system looking at the original tracks, the paid DLC tracks, and the free lite tracks. The game is now overloaded with content and anybody buying the game from new with all this stuff will be playing for months and months :)

19. TrueAxis

Sep 7, 2009
    It must effect the 3GS only (it showed up on my device) - anyway this problem has been fixed now... It's worrying for developers that firmware updates can break things.

20. TrueAxis

Sep 7, 2009
    Yeah, the mixer was doing more work because the latency buffer size I requested got ignored. Doing your own mixer certainly helped Jet Car Stunts to better on the older hardware.