List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Curious, but not enough at the moment, especially since I've purchased a few other games over the Thanksgiving holiday. I will say that the graphics seem a bit sloppy to me, though I suppose that's probably because I've recently been spoiled with games like Forever Lost and Tesla's Electric Mist.

2. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Game Developer @ EPX Games
    Canada
    PointOfLight, if you want to try something different check out Night Whisper Lane all the rooms in the game are 3D Renders and look quite nice. Its a Survival Horror Point and Click game.

I haven't played Tesla's Electric Mist and Exit Another World 1 - Lost. . Ill look into it

3. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Thanks Eric. Will hold off for now have plenty to keep me going. Are you sure it was just a few games you purchased?

4. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Happy to spoil you :)

5. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    This isn't strictly about adventure games but it is adventure game adjacent :)

We thought we'd have some fun and make a little tie-in app for Forever Lost, it's called Forever Lost Camera and is sort of like an Instagram for Forever Lost ( without the social stuff )

It's pretty simple and allows you to take photos which then get Forever Lostified and can then be scribbled on. You can then upload them to Facebook and Twitter or save them to your devices album.

It's currently "Waiting For Review" and you can see some more info about it on our website here - http://www.glitchgames.co.uk/app/forever-lost-camera/

Naturally it will be free :)

6. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
  7. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    We still hope to do one :) We've been busy with Forever Lost recently however I think first we will port The Hauntening over to our new adventure game framework as an update and then hopefully make a full version in the future.

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I actually have your game, I just haven't had the chance to play it yet.

So far, but the weekend isn't over quite yet :)

9. WeirdEdEdison

WeirdEdEdison Member

Nov 17, 2012
    is fun
    Massachusetts
    Did Tesla's Electric Mist come out yet? I can't find it.
    Also, somewhat off topic but if someone could point to a method of downloading games internationally it'd be appreciated. Seems many on that list are in UK or other places which can't be bought here. :)

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Tesla is not out yet (though I think it has been submitted to Apple). I just happened to be on the beta team, so I've already had the pleasure of playing it.

As far as I know the only way to download "internationally" is to sign up for an account for each country you want to download from. Not sure how you do that without a valid address, but I know people have done it before. Where games are concerned, most of them eventually make it to the U.S. market (sorry if that's not where you're from). They just take longer sometimes.

11. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I have a UK account and a US account. I used a Denny's address. The only thing you can't do is attach a credit card as the system will then know that you are not resident in the other country

12. WeirdEdEdison

WeirdEdEdison Member

Nov 17, 2012
    is fun
    Massachusetts
    Thanks for the info! I am in the US here. Can't wait to buy Tesla. Have played Grisly Manor, Lost City, LaVille etc but haven't found many others similar. Just bought Forever Lost can't wait to start it!

13. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Usually the App Stores are very similar but believe that apps are released later due to the time difference. I have found one or two that we in the UK don't have but they are very few and far between

14. WeirdEdEdison

WeirdEdEdison Member

Nov 17, 2012
    is fun
    Massachusetts
    That's good to know. Thanks for clarifying! :)

15. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thanks for picking up Forever Lost, really appreciate it! Hope you like it and please let us know what you think, all feedback is great and if there is anything that can be improved we'd love to know.

16. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    #4697 mrsleny, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    When I click on Mission - an Investigatore Steffani mystery, I get Rick Springfield! Anyone else have the same problem?

Oh never mind .... It's not available in Canadian store. It sounded interesting.

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I think it sounds interesting but I'm waiting for a super sale because right now the price is too high.

Speaking of prices, I know this isn't really an adventure game necessarily, but a couple people have mentioned the game Lili before, and right now it's on sale for 99 cents.

18. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Lili is a fantastic deal for that price, and well,worth trying. It is a pseudo-rpg with light fighting and lots of character interaction.

19. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    two new big fish games on canadian store...