An idea thing about [NZ]

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by toythatkills, Apr 10, 2013.

1. toythatkills

toythatkills Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    Not sure how many people do this, but I tend to trawl the forum on a Wednesday looking for the threads tagged [NZ] to see what's coming out that night.

They're actually pretty awkward to spot, though. How about a sub-forum where the [NZ] threads can live for one day so they're all together to make it easier for people to see them? Or, even better, how about adding an "NZ" icon to the menu when threads are created (like the light bulb on this one) so that they're really easy to spot in the forum index. The icons can then be reset to the defaults before the next week's releases. Failing either of those, can [NZ] be placed at the beginning of the thread's title instead of the end, so they're all lined up and easier to see at a glance?

If it's just me that looks for these threads, there's no need to bother, but I assumed a bunch of people did this and so it'd be a really easy solution to make the threads more visible.

2. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Go to the front page (toucharcade.com) and scroll down to newest releases. There ya go!

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    The front page is not always updated with all the games that come out that night.
    (especially if I don't do my job well and don't spot them all until later)

The idea about placing [NZ] at the front of the thread though is one I've been considering for a while now. I'll talk with Sanuku and we'll try it out next week, probably.

4. toythatkills

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    Cheers, that'd be excellent. Should make scanning for the new releases much simpler when the [NZ]s are all nicely lined up :)

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Is it possible to search for "[NZ]"? I've never tried it, but it could be helpful if everybody makes sure to write it the same way.

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    No, I'm talking about the grey shaded area on the right hand side. There is a section called NEWEST RELEASES. It posts the new threads in order that they were published. On Wed morning all the NZ threads are all in order there.

7. toythatkills

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    That's a decent alternative, but depending on the time you check it some stuff might have fallen off the bottom of the list, 'cause it's only a limited number of new threads.

8. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    i like when i see [NZ] in the game title,maybe we can make new NZ thread every Wednesday with game name and link:confused:

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

10. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
  11. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
  12. Enriana

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Wonderful! Good idea, toythatkills. Now my Wednesdays can be more orderly. ;)

13. Enriana

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Just wanted to say - as of right now, I don't think the iPhone one is working. (It was harder to tell with iPad because that forum is so much quieter.) Am I doing something wrong, or did whatever you guys set up go wrong?

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #14 metalcasket, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
    Nothing's been "set up". It's just a custom search and is "working" just fine. The threads are listed in the order they were created, from newest to oldest. It's just that any threads you see that don't have [NZ] listed beside them were created at the same time, between them or after the typical "[NZ]" threads. ;)

15. Enriana

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Ahh, my bad, I hadn't realized how it had been done. Never mind! :)