Universal Kingdom Hearts (possibly the original!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KineticBlur, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Square+Enix+news/news.asp?c=64845&hootPostID=0b1c2a41ea0fffe29af7f17285d84188

Kingdom Hearts creator Tetsuya Nomura has teased a "smartphone development" for the series.

Talking to Japanese gaming magazineFamitsu, Nomura was primarily discussing forthcoming announcements for Kingdom Hearts III, which is heading to PS4 and Xbox One.

However, he added the following at the end of that discussion:

"One of those announcements will be about a smartphone development for the series, which I believe we’ll announce in the near future."

Whether this will be a companion app for Kingdom Hearts III, or an originalKingdom Hearts title for iOS and Android, or something else, we don't know.

But it's enough to get us eager to find out. The announcement will be made during D23 Expo 2015 which, unfortunately, isn't due until August 14-16th.

2. SwipeNova

SwipeNova Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Whatever it is, it better have good controls

3. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I never got to play the original game - nor its sequel, for that matter - so it'd be nice to have that opportunity. I'd be over the moon, however, if this project ends up referring to a port of Birth by Sleep (the PSP game, and the KH game I did have a chance to play), for the Leonard Nimoy voiceover if for nothing else!