Universal Apocalypse Max: Better Dead Than Undead [Wandake]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    This game is hardcore man! That boss is a hard mofo. Run out of bullets all the time. Can I hold more than 2 guns in the game?

2. Wandake

Wandake Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    A-Max has a new home!!

Hey EVERYBODY!!

You guys are just phenomenal!! We're so thrilled that you guys are enjoying our latest game!

What really really makes this worthwhile is the feeling that your audience "just gets" the game and what its all about! This is just the absolute BEST part about game development.

Thanks for your support EVERYONE especially exact-pscience, metalcasket, ironsam80 and psj3809!

If guys are enjoying the game, please leave rating on the AppStore! For all those who did - thank you so much for realizing how important ratings are to the survival of A-Max!

BTW - A-Max has a new home. Check it out and let us know what you think! http://www.wandake.com/amax/index.html

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I am getting it. Now.

Will pm u all that you're missing. Your joy shall be killed.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Lolololol!

5. zerosoma

zerosoma Member

May 8, 2012
    Wandake responded to my twitter question about support for the icade, they said they are working on it!

This game would translate nice to the icade. They would have to map the dagger swipe as a button press i assume though.

6. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    #66 Nobunaga, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    I hadn't rated it in iTunes yet.
    Going to go 5 star it now.

Edit: Done.

7. jipiyilu

jipiyilu Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Usually I don't play platformers or side scrolling shooters, but this game is so well made and polished, grabbed it right after watching the trailer and play video and played it into level 9, the graphics, music, control, weapon system, every thing is top notch.

But one thing start to bug me, I can't get money from replaying levels, no matter how much money I got in a level, they just didn't add up to my total fund.

Anybody knows if it's a glitch? if not, can I get all weapons without IAP?

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Its a friendly joke between us; we're good friends and I tease him from time to time.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    My pleasure. :) Thank YOU for a wonderful, wonderful game.

You know how I said that this would feel right at home on 16-bit consoles? Having played up to the 3rd level of the facility, this could have EASILY been on those consoles and is worth way, way, WAY more than $3. Loving the length of the later stages and it's crazy how something new pops up just when you think you've seen everything in the game. Also, whoever came up with the cemetary stage designs is a sick individual...my kind of person. ;)

10. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Flat out amazing game! By far the best platformer available for iOS, period. It is what metal slug should have become and incorporates all the great features that made that franchise a success and solves all the control issues that plague the ported versions of it. SNK Playmore needs to do themselves a favor and seek this developer out. I have been playing this game non-stop since last night and don't see myself putting it down anytime soon. Its even fun to go back and try for 5 stars on previously completed levels. IMO this could be game of the year.

To the developer: Way to go, you pulled off an amazing feat and I hope you nothing but success moving forward :)

11. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #71 WCFields, Sep 14, 2012
    although space is VERY tight for me at this moment, i'll give this a try. can someone PLEASE tell me the total file size? thanks

12. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    #72 jwm2, Sep 14, 2012
    I've got three right now. SMG, Rifle (Level 2 upgraded) and Regular Gun (Level 3 upgraded).

13. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Delete something if you have to. You don't need every season of "glee" and all of justin beibers songs on your device anyhow ;)

14. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
  15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    446 mb installed size. Big enough I suppose when I think about it.
    It's worth a punt though.

16. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    thanks & what are your impressions of this game so far?

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yea Rip what do you think, I've almost decided to get it but a solid recommendation will push me over the edge. I enjoy these kind of 2d shooters quite a bit.

18. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    same here plus games with great graphics are one of my big weaknesses.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    JUST GET IT. That is how good it is.

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Alright. I'm charging you 2.99 if this is a dud :p