iPad Real Racing 2 - (by Firemint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. DTFS

DTFS Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    RR2 is a great game, its just got a problem with speed. I can take sharp corners(on a track like Richmond Plains) at well over 160km/h. It FEELS like im only doing about 60-80km/h but when I check to see the spedo and it says 160, I'm just like WTF? Most people wouldn't even notice this and it isn't really that big of an issue, but it does ruin the experience; at least for me.

2. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Change it to mph and then pretend it's in kph ;)

3. DTFS

DTFS Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Haha, I could do that but then I'd only be doing 160 on the straights!

4. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    do you have all the assists off? If so, I don't know how yr able to take "sharp" corners at high speeds like that becuase I sure can't withough sliding the back end out and losing a ton of speed...

5. DTFS

DTFS Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    of course all assist are off. What I do is I come in wide, brake and hit the gas when you're 3/4 thorugh the turn, you can floor the gas(funny cause it's not like you cant :p) but when you turn, never turn at an angle of more than 20-30 degrees. You have no tactile feedback and sometimes you start dirfting but most times, you should make it just fine.

6. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    He said 160 km/h which is just 100mph.

I totally understand where he's coming from because I have braked while going 160mph+ and then I think I braked too much and it feels like I've just stopped but the HUD says I'm doing 120...:confused:

Andf I typically take sharp turns going at around 110ish.

7. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Wait the MP servers were updated??

8. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    For those complaning about a "slow", "boring", "unaggressive" game, it definitely picks up as you get into the campaign. And as always, there's the much improved multiplayer now. Also, I've gotten some pretty decent runs against the AI in quick races as well.

9. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    has anyone gone for the Pacemaker achievement?

10. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I have all the Assists of and im using a BMW M3 GT2, What i do is slow down when i see the corner and take it really slow. My car still manages to go around the corner fast but at a manageable speed.

11. Joshn

Joshn Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    England
    Tried to update my firmware as a final bid to make real racing work and my ipod screwed up plus the backup corrupted so everything has now been wiped from my ipod. Dam this has been one unlucky day.

12. Watabou

Dec 14, 2008
    Okay I don't know if this is a bug or not but after I go to time trial, I posted a top 300 and it showed me the leaderboard.

But then after I beat that time, it didn't show me the leaderboard after I pressed continue. Why is that?

And also, when it does show the leaderboard, it doesn't highlight me. It highlights some other guy. What the hell?

This is what I'm talking about:

[​IMG]

Shouldn't the little triangle be next to my name(Rorschach90) and not the other guy?

And right after this, I posted another 1.06 time with the same car and it didn't show me the leaderboard after that...Seems like a bug to me.

13. DTFS

DTFS Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    @Watabou

I get that bug sometimes, but usually whenever I break my own record, the leaderboard table comes up. However, my name is also not selected and the guy that is selected is a couple positions higher than me...

14. Watabou

Dec 14, 2008
    Well whenever I beat my highscore, the leaderboard doesn't show up.

Hope this will be fixed...

Oh and uploading to Youtube is awesome. I do have one suggestion though. I wish the time and the leaderboard placement would show up on the video as well.

15. DTFS

DTFS Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Does it upload to YouTube straight from the device? It tells me its added to the queue or something...

Oh and does anyone else have problems accessing the leaderboards? I can't. It tells me to check my connectivity and to check if gamecenter is enabled. It is and my internet is fine, does anyone know what the problem could be?

16. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I'm getting so sick of castellona bay
    in multiplayer the average vote is somehow ALWAYS for castellona bay
    but people change it to 2 laps occasionally
    I always pick something other than castellona, but out of all the multiplayer races I've played, I'd say only about 3 were not on castellona BAY

17. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    yeah I just misunderstood the point that was being made. I thought he was claiming not to have to slow down for corners.

18. Watabou

Dec 14, 2008
    #619 Watabou, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
    Yeah it's because it's the default. I guess people don't bother changing it. It gets kinda annoying. But not as annoying as when people select that Nascar track! :mad:

Yup. straight from the iPhone it seems. And fast too! I only takes a minute for it to show up on Youtube.

Here is one of my race with the Nissan GTR on Castellona Bay. I think I got a 1.06 on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD43ZVaszBY

Oh and leaderboards are down for me...

19. DTFS

DTFS Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Thats weird because my YouTube videos didn't show up...