Best single device multiplayer iPad games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by stanny, Apr 28, 2010.

1. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    What are some good single screen multiplayer iPad games I can play with my friends?

2. TheNetsEdge

TheNetsEdge New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Battle of the Block and Smallworld are really nice. Smallworld has ZERO ai for playing by yourself but it's fun with friends/family.

3. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Multipong is good fun.

Any hidden gems?

4. Philipp

Philipp Well-Known Member

Over the course of the last year I've developed nothing but two-player same device iPad games... and they're all still free for now!
    Have a look at http://versuspad.com ... like Ogs, City Bucks, Spikeball for two, and a new one upcoming! The newest one available is Free the Fobbles.

Please help spread the word to your friends if you like these games, it means a lot to me as single developer.

5. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Marble Mixer is good fun as well

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I don't think anything compares to fruit ninja :].

7. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Downloaded Game of Life but not tried it yet

8. anualisher

anualisher Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    IT
    Swipe up across the screen to deliciously slash fruit like a true ninja warrior. With three games modes in single player, it is indeed a very satisfying game ever.:)

9. monkeey

monkeey Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Enjoy Tap Tap Revnge! Really good.

10. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    'Shot Shot Shoot' is fun for one or two players on the same device.

11. Lanishery

Lanishery Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Battle of the block and fruit ninja are very good ones.:)

12. Dtale

Dtale Active Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Fruit ninja for sure!
    and carcasonne ofcourse

13. Cellary

Cellary Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    It’s a wonderful party game and casual enough to be played for a few minutes, yet deep enough to keep the competition going for an hour. i think it's the best single device multiplayer iPad game.

14. vj171081

vj171081 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Independent dev, core skills game design and manag
    Mumbai
  15. mugathur

mugathur Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Maybe Ring Fling?

I just released a single device multiplayer iPad game called Ring Fling.

Ring Fling

"Ring Fling is the type of game that's worth getting excited about iOS and touch-screen gaming for: perfect for the…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "Ring Fling is the type of game that's worth getting excited about iOS and touch-screen gaming for: perfect for the form, impossible to do anywhere else, and most importantly, cracking good fun." -Eurogamer

"Frantic, fast, and a little bit special, Ring Fling is a brilliant party game in your pocket" -Pocket Gamer

Challenge your friends to find out who has the fiercest flinging finger

Ring Fling is a fun and simple game to play with friends and family. Fling rings to knock stars into your opponents’ goal. Simply swipe to fling and hold to charge. Pick the right play style for you. Save rings for critical situations or throw caution to the wind in an all-out assault. Charge your rings like a patient zen master or fling fast and ferociously. Play on either a 2 or 4 goal board with human and AI players a alike. Customize the gameplay experience by choosing your favorite unlockable gameplay modifiers and picking the right level of strategy for the situation.

Features
    - Simple Controls: Swipe to Fling, Hold to Charge
    - 1 to 4 Player Simultaneous Play
    - 2 Goal and 4 Goal Game Boards
    - Intelligent AI with adaptive play styles and strategies
    - 6 Gameplay Modifiers to Unlock
    - Set Number Starting Ring to Adjust Strategy
    - Set Winning Score to Adjust Game Time

- Retina Graphics for iPhone and iPad
    - Graphics support new 4 Inch Screen on iPhone 5
    - iCloud Syncing of Unlock Progress
    - Game Center Achievements

Physics Powered by Box2D
    Font Rendering Powered by FreeType
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Arcade, Board, Family
    Release:May 31, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

16. Infinity field hd, fruit ninja hd, neon battle hd, ice rage, and a lot of the air hockey games are all one ipad multiplayer games that I like. I wonder if the new Virtua tennis has this feature cause it would be awesome if it did.

17. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    My friends aren't fans of 'traditional' board games (Scrabble, Risk, Monopoly, Carcassonne) so we've tried to dig up alternatives.

Bump for the joy that is... OLO Game! Hands down, the most we've and I have had in a long time. It feels a bit like a mix between pong and Bocce (if you can imagine that, haha) and does it extremely well.

Other worthwhile mentions:

2. Marble Mixer - all three 'boards' keep things very fun and competitive.

3. Table Tennis HD is always a blast, as is Air Hockey and Foosball.

4. Znipball is a creative work-around on the tried and tested Air Hockey - the mechanic works surprisingly well. There's a lite version out as well, try it out!

5. Fumble (seatch for it) is worth a try as well - a fun picture matching game (split screen).

6. Foosball HD - controls take a little time getting used to, but fun afterward!

7. Multiponk - fun, but not enjoying it as much as other people apparently have (got a bit too stale for me, quickly).

Keep the suggestions rolling in!

18. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Ice Rage and Flick Champions are great fun!

19. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Great BIG War Game has a Pass & Play mode.

Great Big War Game

Rubicon
    ▶ GAME OF THE YEAR, WINNER !! (Mobile category, Game Dynamo 2012) ▶ STRATEGY GAME OF THE YEAR, WINNER !! (Mobile catego…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ▶ GAME OF THE YEAR, WINNER !! (Mobile category, Game Dynamo 2012) ▶ STRATEGY GAME OF THE YEAR, WINNER !! (Mobile category, IGN 2012) ▶ BAFTA NOMINATED Taking military "advice" from the ridiculous generalissimo, can you battle your way through this truly massive, content-packed military campaign? Plan your missions, deploy your "forces", try not to fall off the sofa laughing! ▶ "Everything about this game is awesome" - Pad Gadget ▶ "This is an impressive package for strategy fans" - 148 Apps ▶ "Replay value is outstanding" - App Smile You've plenty of units to play with, covering land, sea and airborne combat. Be warned though, these funny cartoon troops are not exactly "the right stuff". Playing as "Jenkins", the hard done to lieutenant, you will need to complete the Generalissimo's wide variety of mission orders - collect resources, assassinate enemy generals, invade territory, evacuate your forces, do a bit of enemy base ownage, etc. ▶ "It’s simply an amazing turn-based strategy game" - Touch Arcade ▶ "It's the real deal" - Slide To Play ▶ "This is a wonderful game, accessible yet challenging" - Gamezebo 40+ hours of campaign mode not enough? There is also unlimited skirmish play vs the AI for quick fixes, on a wide variety of custom maps. And there's still more - Multiplayer. You can Pass & Play on a single device, or join our thriving online community, playing head to head at a pace that suits you. Online play is cross-platform, so you can play and/or transfer your account to other supported platforms. ▶ "This game plays beautifully and looks fantastic" - App Advice ▶ "Not downloading it is damn near criminal" - MoDojo ▶ "Just buy it, plain and simple" - IGN Main Features: ▶ 50 Mission single player campaign ▶ Online asynchronous multiplayer ▶ Pass n Play & Skirmish vs AI ▶ GameCenter achievements ▶ Stunning visuals (full retina 3D) ▶ Simple, intuitive control method ▶ Tons of humor ▶ No birds were harmed (or made angry) during development! Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GreatBigWarGame "Bag 'em & Tag 'em"
    Information
    Seller:Rubicon
    Genre:Role Playing, Strategy
    Release:Jul 18, 2012
    Updated:Jan 27, 2013
    Version:1.4.1
    Size:123.1 MB
    User Rating: (16)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

20. popblanks

popblanks Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    i dont have an ipad and never tried it before but i think Tiny Wings is multiplayer on a single device!