iPhone Legendary Wars HD - Liv Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Liv Games, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liv Games

Liv Games Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    For those of you who are anxiously awaiting the Ipad version of Legendary Wars (Judging by the amount of requests we get - we know there are lots of you).

Here is a sneak peak of Legendary Wars for Ipad due out this month.

The biggest difference is the screen real estate of the ipad that lets you get a more zoomed out view of the battle field which really separates the units and hud. You can see more of the battlefield so theres a lot less scrolling. This makes control and unit selection a breeze. This is shaping up to be the definitive version.

check it out these first screens (click to enlarge!)

We will update with better screens once I get an ipad :) (these screens are from simulator)

Attached Files:

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Glad to see and hear about this, I've been waiting for it. :)

3. NoThru22

NoThru22 Well-Known Member

Hmm I'm over halfway done the iPhone version but I hate how it controls on the small screen (then again, I hate how most games control on the small screen) so I'm going to go ahead and stop playing it in anticipation of this release. Wish it were universal!

4. Felonious Tub

Felonious Tub Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    I've been keeping my eye on it for a while now but it just looked a little cramped on the iPhone so I was hoping for an iPad version.

5. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Finally! Great news!

6. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Great news! I was hoping an ipad version was coming, yay!

7. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Thanks guys. Keep your eyes on here for more screens soon and i'll update you when its submitted.

You are going to want to get it on day one for an amazing deal for early birds and previous owners. I promise :)

8. MeteorFlare

MeteorFlare Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    woot! =D

9. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Nice! Wish it were Universal, but will buy again if a good deal.

10. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    We really tried. The problem is not just file size which with new backgrounds and different size characters would be huge, but also texture limitations of the ipad 1. Already we had issues with ipod 4 which we have fixed. Ipad 1 has technically less memory than ipod (around 170 megs).

I don't want to bore you with details of texture memory and how the lack of skelletal system impacts the size of spritesheets. Lets just say we tried.

Again, we promise it will be much cheaper then the original when it came out.

thanks

11. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    sounds good! i have been following this game since before it was released for iphone. bought it on day one and loved it, had been playing it in 2x mode, but it will be nice for it to get it the treatment it deserves! will be buying this version day one as well!

12. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat, bought on day 1 and hope the iPad version is a good deal.

13. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Ditto, I even went the step further and e-mailed the devs asking if there would eventually be an iPad version. They told me there would but couldn't say when so I took the plunge and bought the iPhone version anyway even though I hate, hate, hate 2x zooming a game as I only have an iPad. Needless to say I will need to keep on top of when this will get released so I don't miss out on the day one discounted price!

14. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Will this HD version have anti aliasing or any other optimizations for those of us who own the superior iPad 2?

(more memory, dual core and more powerful graphics chip)

15. dacalo

dacalo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Awesome! I have the iPhone version but will double dip for my iPad 2 if the price is right!

16. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    ? superior

I'm reading all over the net that the Ipad 2 is causing more problems for gamers..

Users have noticed that the blacklight "bleeds" from behind the LCD panel. The problem has been observed when a black background is displayed and is most apparent near the Home button.

So far Apple does not have a solution for it.

17. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    The original release will be identical.

Thats not to say the first update wont. We want to get it out as soon as possible. In fact if a couple of people would like to test just pm me. you will get it free when it comes out.

18. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    It will be cheaper than a candy bar at launch. We want to make sure we reward people who own the other version and early birds so we will make an official announcement shortly.

19. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    PM sent

20. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Any new news?