Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-25-2014, 06:14 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Guild of Glory (by Stockpile Studio)

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 06-25-2014 at 07:14 AM..
Old 06-25-2014, 06:58 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockpile Studios
"Guild of Glory is a surprisingly fun take on the popular genre of empire building" - Kotaku

"A great presentation and attention to the small details makes this game stand out from the herd." - IGN Review
While this does seem like a tad more interesting than the average city builder, I cannot find the source of any of these quotes. No reviews on IGN, no mentions on Kotaku.

Developers, have you taken a bit of a creative license with the nature of these quotes?
Old 06-25-2014, 08:18 AM

Wow, it's pretty great. It's definitely a new take on the mobile rts genre. I'll leave impressions as I play.

I'm loving it so far. The visuals are wonderful, the game is very polished. Most of these types of games are bootlegged & thrown together. This one is very polished.

You also don't raid villages, you create troops and fight other armies. You set your line of
defence up with troops you make, and attack.

The game has some issues saving, I'll upgrade than come back an hour later and it'll be as if I didn't upgrade.

Last edited by Zeillusion; 06-25-2014 at 09:03 AM..
Old 06-25-2014, 09:43 AM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeillusion View Post
Wow, it's pretty great. It's definitely a new take on the mobile rts genre. I'll leave impressions as I play.

I'm loving it so far. The visuals are wonderful, the game is very polished. Most of these types of games are bootlegged & thrown together. This one is very polished.

You also don't raid villages, you create troops and fight other armies. You set your line of
defence up with troops you make, and attack.

The game has some issues saving, I'll upgrade than come back an hour later and it'll be as if I didn't upgrade.
What are the IAPs like?
Old 06-25-2014, 10:35 AM

The game isn't "freemium trash". The iap's are 400 gems for 5$ and 1,000 gems for 10$. Although it's pricey the resources you get are extremely fair.

My food storage can't be spent. Neither can my gold resource. You get so much from quests that it appears I'm always full on resources lol. I'm sure later on it'll be harder but so far so good.

Builders are expensive, the third is 500 gems and I would assume the 4th and 5th are even more gems.

The game is great but it needs patching. Sometimes you don't get diamonds when watching videos. Your progress tends to not save when you close out.

When placing troops you should be able to tap the amount of units you want to send out. You shouldn't have to hold it down. Because if I want 10 it's a pain to get it right on the spot. The counter is to fast so I always pass the amount of troops I want on the field.