Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Congratulations to all who are getting the emerald! Maybe with the end of the month coming up everyone will be surprised with one!

2. Lel0501

Lel0501 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Thanks Aly, Dragonvale is a real family game in our house. My little boy loves it but you have to watch him as he spends all my gems if I'm not keeping an eye on him. Good luck to all those who still are emeraldless! Hope it's not too long for you all :eek::eek:

3. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Woo hoo!! Congrats Aly, it's great to see some good news!! :D

4. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    This is so great! It's starting to seem like BS is raining Emeralds down on us. Congrats to all those who got the Emerald, whether it was their first or having multiple ones! :D

5. Amsterdam

Feb 28, 2012
    New Cooper dragon. 20 hr timer. I got it breeding metal and sonic.

6. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Still no luck with Emerald...my turn to rant.;) I haven't posted much (been lurking though) although I have been playing since the second week Dragonvale was out. I've been trying for Emerald since they introduced it, everyday, constantly, using two breeding caves and a mix of old and new Crystal and Lichen (and Lichen and Crystal) of all different level combinations and I've lost count of my fails, including a Sun and Rainbow. I have the Gem Island, and it looks so lonely with nothing to put on it, so here's hoping ranting helps increase luck.;) It took me a month to get a Moon, but I don't have that long with Emerald.

7. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Oh, LB, I feel your frustration. Dedicated longtime players should get an easier time of it, don't you think? ;) Ranting does seem to help, if not try throwing a tantrum :D. Here's hoping your rant did the trick. I finally succeeded with new Lichen & new Crystal which had several fails as level 7's, that I leveled up to 10 with Lichen on the left. Good luck!

8. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Way to go!
    Coppper luck is better than that #%$£¥ Emerald?

Congrats to you. The baby Copper is cute. :D

9. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #4409 girlpower, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
    YIPPEE YAY WHOO HOO!!:D:D:D
    At last Aly girl....happy belated birthday from BS huh :rolleyes:
    Sooo happy for you.....each morning when I check the forum and see the page numbers have increased...I cross my fingers with renewed hope to see some ‘good' news from those of you STILL trying for your first gem babies.......

and hey am I right in saying that the same lvl combo came through for you in the end too...both lvl 10's also??
    This has been the only lvl that has worked well for me (twice now) and I stuck with the same breeding pair since my first emerald.

The other two... one was lvl 10, the other lvl 11 have been hopeless, now both are lvl 11 and still no good.
    For me sticking with the same pair that got my first emerald has paid off

I'm still interested to see if more Emeralds will start to appear within the last few days as has been the case with limited dragons previously....going by what I've seen on wiki.....time will tell and I sure do hope so for those still trying for theirs

My suggestion is to stick with these two now Aly if you want to try for another one.....took me quiet a few goes but kept doing crystal/lichen cause that got my first one...then decided to switch them....bingo #2 straight up :)

10. Amsterdam

Feb 28, 2012
    Cooper came out first try thank goodness!!!!! I cringe at the site of that awful crystal/ lichen haha.

11. Flip1329

Flip1329 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    It's an emerald!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sped it up to be sure and saw my pretty green egg. *happydance*. Sending emerald luck to everyone!

What is the Cooper dragon? Is it new or am I missing something?

12. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It's Copper, Flip!:p New metal hybrid as of today. Metal/Lightning combo according to dragon info. Costs 750 gems to by, breeding/hatching time 20 h. Very cute baby. :)

WOOHOOOO!!! to your Emerald success!!! :D

13. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Way to go with the Emerald:) Hope everyone that does not have it yet will soon be reporting good news also.

As Yasha65 posted , Cooper is new. People on Wiki are posting that they are getting it on the first try with all different combos... metal/lightning, metal/magnetic, water/magentic (not sure why you would use this one).

I have both of my breeding caves doing Panlongs right now so will have to wait for Cooper. Thought we would have till June 1 before any new dragons so I was working on my shrines.

14. Dmdaily10

Dmdaily10 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    What a great series. Not just HBO, but the books are even more impressive. "Winter is coming" Alyjens. :)

15. Amsterdam

Feb 28, 2012
    Woo hoo! Congrats on the emerald! Yea the Cooper is new. Got it first try with metal and sonic.

16. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #4416 Foxtail2010, May 26, 2012
    YAY!! I KNEW it was!! Congrats! ... and guess what... ME TOO! I just got the 31!

GRATS ALY! :D

17. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    That's great, I love GoT too! You go MoD! :D

18. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #4418 girlpower, May 26, 2012
    Oh Foxy! Darn those awful 24/48 hr timers :(
    Do you have a pair of lvl 10's and maybe just stick with those two in one cave instead of alternating pairs and levels?
    Maybe in the other cave you can keep switching dragons/levels?
    Only wondering if this may help due to getting mine from the exact same pair and think Jazbo also did too.....guess I am thinking out loud cause I really hate not being able to proactively help you guys....all I keep thinking is that the rest of you forum members HAVE to get your dragons....We are a cyber family after all....how will we ever survive another 11 mths of this on a monthly basis!!!

Sorry, that wasn't being very encouraging, but it's still a reality for every DV player....

I also didn't realize their was another metal element dragon (copper) what a cutie the baby is and sounds like very easy to breed as has been the case for most metals...think steel was a little tricky from memory but the rest were a breeze......still leaves me with wondering when BS will consider more habitats to house this increasing supply of dragons :mad:

Big congrats to those who have just got their Emeralds and to those who don't YET have them....please don't anyone give up...there's still time and we are all here shouting from the sidelines for your success.....first time I have felt so annoyed for ages(for those still trying)...must have disengaged autopilot :rolleyes:

EDIT UPDATE
    OMG FOXY!!!!! Whilst typing this long winded (typical GP response) I just went to see if any more posts had come through and I just saw yours....YOU DID IT!!!!!! FANTASICO....happy dance going on here!!
    so tell us...what combo/level did it, cause you gotta stick with these two if you decide to try for another one...don't forget their names hehe....just forget my thinking out loud above now then LOL

19. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Thanks, Girlpower and AndyPandy!

Girlpower, it was because of you level 10 suggestion that I tried it. So thanks so much for that! When they are done doing their thing, I'll throw them right back in in reverse. ;)

Still need the Current and now Copper. Hope this weekend is raining Emeralds for those still trying!

20. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey Dean....think you should come on board now then hehe.
    Greatz to know you are enjoyingz the other appz LOL, and you're welcome :)

Oh cool another September birthday....yay for sapphire. (Ceylon sapphire is my fav sapphire colour - very pretty purple blue stone). Congrats on your Emerald too :)