Patapon like games on iPod Touch

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Hitch, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    #1 Hitch, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
    I LOVE the Patapon games, and if you do, I'm sure you know about Patapon 2 and how it is strictly available through download. It is an amazing game, which almost everyone loves. It was around 250 to 300 mb, and has simple graphics. I think that someone should step up to the challenge and produce Patapon on the iPod or create a clone. I honestly wouldn't care if it was a clone. Do you agree?

2. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    no offense but I'm pretty sure it'll be to easy to play.

3. aboll2009

aboll2009 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    School
    Atlantis
    "You wouldn't care if wasn't fun"? WTF?

I don't agree, patapon annoys me, but just my opnion

4. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Ha oops.... Teach me to not proofread! :p
    Well, it's not for everyone, but it's still fun!

5. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I dont think someone would be willing to get their ass sued just to please you.

6. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Sorry guys! I didn't really think what I was putting. What I meant was I wish that someone would make a game with the same concept, not clone it. Just make a good rpg game that kinda runs like that. Drum beats= moving and such. Sorry again! :p

7. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I'm on this boat with ya Hitch. I found Patapon to be really fun. I dunno if I will get the second one, but the 1st was a blast. It would be cool to see something kind of like that on the iDevices.

8. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Dude, FINALLY! Thank you! Ha, yeah, I got the second one, and it's improved a lot from the first one. It's bigger, and they just improved some stuff. And, you can have one "hero" patapon, which added a lot for me.
    Number two just added a lot more replayability to it.

9. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Patapon seems to be a hit or miss sort of game. I personally did not enjoy it much, but I can understand the appeal.

10. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    And spiffyone makes #3! :D

Seriously...I loved Patapon. Still one of the most played games on my PSP.

The only game that I think comes close to that sort of game is World of Tunes...but, actually...that's more of a rhythm action game along the lines of Elite Beat Agents (man, I love being a multi system owner :D).

Y'know...there are three games that are somewhat similar although obviously pretty different.

The Trooper is a match 3 puzzle game, but the difference is it's also a strategy.tower defense game as well. Enemies move towards your encampment, and you have to match 3 same elements to attack them before they reach your base. Yeah, I know...it's not like Patapon, but the basic idea of mixing on genre with strategy is sort of like Patapon.

Mevo and the Grooveriders is a rhythm platforming game.

Monster Typer uses character designs that remind one of Patapon (though, tbqh, Patapon character design reminds me of the design of those mysterious Pokemon from a few years back). Replace matching rhythms with matching onscreen typing, and this one is closest to Patapon.

11. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Finally someone gets my point! I bought the World Of Tunes expecting it to be kinda like patapon. It isn't. I've gotten Mevo and the Grooveriders. Still isn't. I just don't get why nobody is trying to make a game like it. I think that a lot of people might like it! It would be a lot easier to take around on an iphone than on a psp! I don't know though. Patapon just seems like a game that is on a tougher device, (PsP) that could would on iphone. No joystick required, no stupid d-pad, just four buttons!
    Maybe someday... Someday... :p

12. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    I didnt mind Patapon, but I know there's a puzzle game that looks like a puzzle adaptation of Patapon. Ridiculously similar to Patapon in style, but I think it plays differently. I think it's called Puzzle Knights, or something similar.

13. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Block Knights?

14. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    I didn't like patapon either, played for 5 minutes then put down =\