Tile Rider adventure game. Port or not to port?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 7 Soft Pillows, Jun 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7 Soft Pillows

Jun 19, 2014
    Software developer
    #1 7 Soft Pillows, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    Hi Everyone,

Advice needed! To port or not to port =)
    We are 2 man indie game dev team who just released our new game Tile Rider on Windows Phone platform. We have already received many good feedbacks and started thinking of possibility to port the game to iOS.

Tile Rider is a high-speed action game with puzzle, racing and battle elements.
    Trailer:

Review: http://www.wpcentral.com/tile-rider-new-windows-phone-exclusive-game
    Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is it worth porting to iOS?
    Please share your thoughts!

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #2 JCho133, Jun 20, 2014
    Hey guys! A good friend who's name starts with a B pointed me here to check your game out!

Here's my opinion:

If your game is doing well on Windows (since you already said you're getting good feedback) and it is logistically plausible for you to port it to iOS, I suggest doing it. You won't find a bigger potential market anywhere else.

The game looks fantastic (visually and gameplay-wise) and definitely has the "stuff" to be featured when it releases. Combos of popular genres fare particularly well on mobile (and are particularly fun).

What's your pricing model?

3. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yes, port it. I'm sure it will be well received on iOS. Personally, I think it looks great.

4. 7 Soft Pillows

Jun 19, 2014
    Software developer
    #4 7 Soft Pillows, Jun 20, 2014
    Thank you guys! Looks like we have to at least try to port it :)

JCho133,
    Regarding pricing model. The game is distributed as ad-free paid app (1.99$) with trial (first 6 levels available) in Windows Phone Store

5. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    That looks slick. I would definitely give it a try, at the very least.

On iOS, your best bet would be releasing it free with a $1.99 IAP to unlock the full game.

6. 7 Soft Pillows

Jun 19, 2014
    Software developer
    Hi!

You might think it's a dead thread but I have some news :)
    Tile Rider will be released to iOS in a couple of weeks (mid or end of September 2015). The game has been noticeably improved since the first release on Windows Phone. We've also released it on Steam (PC, Linux).

If someone wanna touch the iOS version before the release just send me your AppleID.

7. 7 Soft Pillows

Jun 19, 2014
    Software developer