★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-07-2016, 05:32 PM
The purchasable units can be resurrected at the graveyard, my beef with this game is that I think if you pay three bucks for those units you should be able to rehire them whenever you want. Otherwise, this game is not too bad, but I think people will find it gets difficult to a point where they will consider buying the special units and nobody is going to repeatedly pay three bucks to hire them.
04-12-2016, 08:51 AM
So I can admit when I'm wrong. my previous judgements were a little harsh. I have been giving this game some time and I see that you can progress nicely without any need to have to spend extra money. I have however bought all the expansions, an ice dragon and several of the upgrades. Once you get to the point where your back pack is expanded a bit you can take enough bread to really move around without running out. I have not felt the need for a portal scroll as I can always make it back with tons of bread to spare. As someone else pointed out, occasionally someone will give you one in game. As far as Gold, I can use my craftsmen to make 100000 in a fairly short amount of time. Turn off all your craftsmen but the wheat, bread, gold maker and smelter and throw everyone into those occupations for awhile Now the bit about karma. It's a little confusing and hard before you get to the point where you can generate it, but if you free the goddess statue ( due north from the dungeon start point) you can collect 4 there every time you enter the dungeon. Once you get towards the end of the first level you get to a point where you can craft tons of it for a little gold. No it is not an IAP. And although I still think for three bucks you should be able to hire your ice dragon whenever you want, you can resurrect any unit whenever they die for karma.If your entire party dies, turn off all your workers but what is needed to generate karma until you have enough to go resurrect everyone. I am a huge fan of the resource gathering/expanding of in a dark room and this combines it with an old school dungeon crawler. I am really enjoying this game now, and I'm glad I gave it another chance.

04-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Yeah, that's kinda been my experience, as well - I'm still playing it and enjoying it quite thoroughly. Good advice for new players I think is to work on expanding your backpack first because you will need it to hold plenty of bread - it deducts bread for moving about the map and also during battles. (However, if you occupy a hut you can always stop by later when you are low on bread and get more without exiting the map.) Now that I have figured out how to have a party of at least 4 members, the battles make me feel much more confident, lol. I did buy an IAP dragon because, well, who doesn't want a dragon?! Well worth it, plus I think the developer did a really nice job with this game - it's been fun unlocking new buildings, new items to craft, adding skills to recruits, etc.

I didn't realize we can craft karma, however, so that's something I need to discover, thanks for the tip! :-)
04-13-2016, 02:52 AM
I finished the game, 5 maps and then it's pay time for the expansions. Very, very, disappointing. If you like money pits, go ahead, you will have a short but great time, otherwise avoid at all cost.
04-13-2016, 07:51 AM
I already kinda figured the first 5 maps would go pretty quickly so I am taking it kinda slow I am only on the 2nd. I have already bought the other maps so I hope they add a lot more
04-14-2016, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
I already kinda figured the first 5 maps would go pretty quickly so I am taking it kinda slow I am only on the 2nd. I have already bought the other maps so I hope they add a lot more
Keep me posted about the length of the extra content. I would be very surprised if it turns out to be substantial, for now I left a devastating review in the App Store regarding the basic game.
04-16-2016, 08:13 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Cool that the game is on sale for FREE this weekend, and that previous purchasers received diamonds as a reward - however, I seem to be getting some weird offline error saying it can't collect resources when I'm not in the app - anyone else having that issue?
04-16-2016, 08:53 PM
Same error. No offline collection for about 24 hours.
04-16-2016, 09:12 PM
Same here
04-17-2016, 11:38 AM
I finished the basic game but checked the offline error, same here. Didn't get any diamonds either although I bought the game earlier. Probably due to the same network error.