★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-15-2016, 12:34 PM
This type of game already exists in Final Freeway 2R. By far an excellent game that also has touch controls. If this gets touch controls, I would also purchase it. Not having touch controls is a huge no-no....
12-15-2016, 01:02 PM
Hey everyone!
I'm Steeven, one of the two guys behind Highway Runners.

I understand your concerns about the gyro gameplay and take that into consideration for a future update of the game, if it's a big problem for the majority.

I'm really sorry you feel that way, because we really built the game and ajusted difficulty around this kind of gameplay, to make it intuitive and precise, but challenging at the same time. I can assure you I'm usually the first to complain when a game is based around tilt control, but I think it fits more than you think for this kind of games, when it's done "well" (I've played Final Freeway and numerous games with touch gameplay, and while I like it, I feel that you can't really ajust your turns by just pushing on the screen)

The video doesn't make the game justice, as you have to feel the gameplay in your hand to understand : the screen and Hud are moving as you tilt the iPhone, so you always watch the horizon at the right angle. Think "Truckers Delight", for example.

Anyway, I'll give the feedback to my partner.

Cheers.

(PS : sorry for my bad english, I'm french)

12-15-2016, 02:05 PM
It is possible to leave feedback about this game without insulting the developers. This is the only warning I'll give for people to keep their posts civil.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
12-15-2016, 02:09 PM
I'm just downloading this now to support the developer, I'd like to request touch controls too if you can do it would be great, but I'm happy to use tilt controls.

And thanks for a nice game

Game Center name:- Team Crazy UK
12-15-2016, 02:31 PM
This and Mario are the only two games I bought this week.

Feel like I'm in the 90's again

My band just released an album! iTunes / Facebook
12-15-2016, 05:18 PM
J’ai ador le look du jeu. Je vais perdre la tte et acheter le jeu ce Nol.
le prix va se maitenir de cette faon, ou tu vas changer par 99 cents ? Merci.
Excusez mon franais, je suis Portugais

Last edited by nuno2k; 12-15-2016 at 05:32 PM.
12-15-2016, 07:43 PM
Any plans to make this universal? I play mostly on my iPad mini.
12-16-2016, 03:09 AM
I, also, would pick this up in a heartbeat if it had touch controls; I'm not saying I ABSOLUTELY won't if they're not added, but... it makes the purchase much less tempting.

With that said, you say the video doesn't do the game justice, but even the video looks AMAZING. Clearly a labor of love -- and I love that.
12-16-2016, 10:24 AM
I took the plunge to support the Dev even though I'm not a fan of tilt controls.

Ok impressions:
The controls work very well and if your happy with tilt then no issues there.
I like the general aesthetic, it's very well done and does look good with the screen tilting.
Gameplay - it's what you think it's going to be, a well done Outrun style clone - I found it to be a fair bit easier than outrun - and it feels a bit slow to me, and I wasn't sure if it was speeding up as I went along.

The only thing that I'm really struggling with is it's way way too pixellated for me - but I'm not sure if that's because I'm playing on the iPad and it isn't universal.

If there were touch controls and it was universal I suspect I'd play a lot of this - but as it is if you've got a phone and don't mind tilt controls then it's a smart little outrun clone with a nice retro look and feel to it.

EDIT: the more I play it the more I'm enjoying the actual gameplay itself - just wishing more it was less pixelly and had touch controls!

Last edited by orangecan; 12-16-2016 at 10:34 AM.
12-16-2016, 11:02 AM
Highway Runners By Florian Bronnimann Version: 1.0

Youtube link | Pop Up