★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-06-2017, 12:34 PM
Devs,

Just playing for a few minutes I am loving the shit out of this game! Awesome job! Thank you for adding the touch controls! They work perfectly and are a lot of fun to use! The game is a lot of fun! I used to play Outrun in the arcades and this game is a great homage to it and gets the feel of it. I like the different aspects as well collecting the coins to unlock different modes and difficulty levels. I already almost have enough coins to unlock easy mode.

I do have one question. For the high score board. How do we change our name? It's not using my Gamecenter name. It is defaulting to Player A. I've looked in settings and I see no where I can change the name. Can you please add this if this was overlooked?

To everyone else. If you haven't purchased this game I'm telling you now it's more than worth it's price. It's a damn fun game! It's a purely premium experience. Go get it!

Billy

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 01-06-2017 at 12:38 PM.
01-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Are there any plans for a Universal update? I only have an iPad Pro, and I would love to play this game.

01-07-2017, 07:33 AM
Hi guys,
Thanks for the great comments. I will answer a few:

#36 1.) Quitting a track doesn't work for me. It just resumes.
Yes, that's a bug that I introduced at the last minute before posting, in a part of code totally unrelated Apple took 6 days to release our update (!) so we didn't submit the fix, which would have further delayed this much expected update.

#36 2.) The left edge of the screen doesn't respond to touch inputs on my 7 Plus. Right edge is fine, though. Super annoying.
You're not the first one to report that. It seemed to me like it is a hardware problem (I have similar issues with the keyboard a lot for instance, or with my previous app iMasterGear and having debugged for hours it just seems to be the iPhone 6++ digitizer that is cheap). However we are investigating these issues more thoroughly.

#37 Does this game support MFI controllers?
No it doesn't. We don't have the actual hardware.

#42 Are there any plans for a Universal update? I only have an iPad Pro, and I would love to play this game.
Yes, that's the next update. It's already pretty much on the rails but we're looking at fixing the touchscreen issues first (if possible) and as well as a few other small improvements.

We're glad that you like the game and you can get the same feeling of nostalgia that we dreamt of while making it
01-07-2017, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunni View Post
We're glad that you like the game and you can get the same feeling of nostalgia that we dreamt of while making it
I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet....these graphics, set specifically to recreate a Sega Genesis, or SNES, or even the classic 80's arcade game (that has been mentioned).....absolutely phenomenal job. Honestly....I played the hell out of this before the update and once, only once, played Final Freeway 2 as a way to compare and when I came back to this game, I was just blown away. The scaling is done so well, the UI, everything just rocks that classic 16-bit aesthetic....honestly, a phenomenal job....can't say it enough. And adding the touch control setup (although the tilt is very, very well done), I hope you rock it on the app store. This game is truly worthy of all the praise....and hey, LoS backed it up, so......👍🏻👍🏻
01-09-2017, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief78 View Post
I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet....these graphics, set specifically to recreate a Sega Genesis, or SNES, or even the classic 80's arcade game (that has been mentioned).....absolutely phenomenal job. Honestly....I played the hell out of this before the update and once, only once, played Final Freeway 2 as a way to compare and when I came back to this game, I was just blown away. The scaling is done so well, the UI, everything just rocks that classic 16-bit aesthetic....honestly, a phenomenal job....can't say it enough. And adding the touch control setup (although the tilt is very, very well done), I hope you rock it on the app store. This game is truly worthy of all the praise....and hey, LoS backed it up, so......👍🏻👍🏻
Thank you, it really means a lot!
I tried really hard to study different art styles and aesthetics (UI, in game sprites, logos...), especially from arcade games. The goal was to get close to Outrunners while keeping my own style. ^^
I'm not an expert in pixel art, so I'm glad you guys like the look of the game!
01-09-2017, 11:34 AM
I haven't played this game yet but read through the comments enough to know that this game is going to be great.
They added touch controls so I'm going to buy.
You have enough following in this thread that if you continued to make changes their are enough people here to buy your game and make a second one successful
01-10-2017, 07:50 PM
The Touch Control is really Great. I am playing on IPad. Everything is looking to Blocky at the big screen. I am hoping for a IPad version soon. But looks great at the Iphone now.
01-11-2017, 08:49 AM
Outstanding clone of OutRun, the best available for the iOS.

Graphics are retro all the way. I was a teenager when OutRun hit the arcades and always loved it.

A few comments:

The road in OutRun and OutRunners (for example) has a lot of nasty twists and is very difficult by itself. It also had hills.
My complaint would be that (at least as far as I played it up to now) is that the traffic makes this game difficult, but not the road itself.
It would be great if that difficulty factor would be added. (Horizon Chase has a lot of difficult tracks as well). Now it's more like going
straight forward on a flat highway and avoid traffic.

I miss a map! I have no overview where I am going to, this I liked a lot about OutRun as well, a map.

Perhaps some more variations in cars, like a taxi and a police cap!

Great job, super!
01-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Hey Black Square, by the 3rd stage, you start getting that difficulty you're talking about. There are obstacles in the road to contend with and super tight turns with a lot to negotiate. I still can't get past the 3rd stage.
01-11-2017, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief78 View Post
Hey Black Square, by the 3rd stage, you start getting that difficulty you're talking about. There are obstacles in the road to contend with and super tight turns with a lot to negotiate. I still can't get past the 3rd stage.
Thanks, good to know!